Thread: To My Canadian friends who own Pearl drums

User Info Menu

Question To My Canadian friends who own Pearl drums

I just wanted to share something with my Canadian friends who own Pearl drums. Did you know that any drums or hardware purchased after June 2009 are all under Pearls Lifetime warranty.If for any reason you have a warranty issue with Pearl products and want to Contact Pearl Canada ( Erikson music is the main distributor for Pearl) you PM me and I will gladly give you the name of the Percussion Distribution Manager for Pearl Canada. He is a realy nice guys and a Professional drummer himself. I had a snare issue if you guys have read it on my post " should I worry about my MCX snare" and you will see that I got great results dealing with Erikson music when others didn't. The reason for that like I mention is the Manager. Anyway any info you need on Pearl Canada just ask I'm here. Cheers.

User Info Menu

Default Re: To My Canadian friends who own Pearl drums

thanks Pearl MCX Man
    very apreciate it

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

Larrysperf Guest

Thanks as all my hardware is top of the line pearl but really have never had problems with pearl stuff

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: To My Canadian friends who own Pearl drums

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Thanks as all my hardware is top of the line pearl but really have never had problems with pearl stuff
    Same here I never had any problems with Pearl products till I found the crack in my snare wood shell. I am still waiting for my replacement snare to come in.

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Re: To My Canadian friends who own Pearl drums

Hi all just want to give you an update on Erickson Music. They are not the greatest company to deal with for warranty issues. I am in the process still of getting my replacement snare. It's been 4 months since I notified Erickson( Pearl Canada) about my snare coming apart at the plies. They where quick at contacting Pearl Japan but the process has been dragging ever since. I contacted Peter from Erickson asking about my replacement snare. Then he wanted to know the model # and color. I send him the info then he replied he had it great but then I wondered how long has the snare been in? why did I have to call them to find out? anyway he told me to give him my mailing address and he would ship the snare and tracking number. Wow I was excited about finaly getting my new snare. A week goes by I hear nothing no e-mail about the tracking number. I contacted Peter again and he wanted my mailing address( again) so he could ship it ASAP. Now I am getting peed off here. So I give it to him again. This has been a week and still no drum. So if you Canadian have and I hope you don't need to use Erickson Music out of Montreal for any warranty issues I wish you the best of luck cause I sure am not impressed with them at all. I will be contacting Erickson again this week and hope this is the end of it. Is it worth the BS or just keep my old snare and tell them to shove the new one where the sun don't shine. I also forgot to mention that I have to pay for the shipping both ways. So my MCX snare will cost me alot more than it is worth. What can I say Warrantees suck and so does Erickson Music.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 07-21-2011 at 08:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Jeez man. That stinks. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Hi all just want to give you an update on Erickson Music. They are not the greatest company to deal with for warranty issues. I am in the process still of getting my replacement snare. It's been 4 months since I notified Erickson( Pearl Canada) about my snare coming apart at the plies. They where quick at contacting Pearl Japan but the process has been dragging ever since. I contacted Peter from Erickson asking about my replacement snare. Then he wanted to know the model # and color. I send him the info then he replied he had it great but then I wondered how long has the snare been in? why did I have to call them to find out? anyway he told me to give him my mailing address and he would ship the snare and tracking number. Wow I was excited about finaly getting my new snare. A week goes by I hear nothing no e-mail about the tracking number. I contacted Peter again and he wanted my mailing address( again) so he could ship it ASAP. Now I am getting peed off here. So I give it to him again. This has been a week and still no drum. So if you Canadian have and I hope you don't need to use Erickson Music out of Montreal for any warranty issues I wish you the best of luck cause I sure am not impressed with them at all. I will be contacting Erickson again this week and hope this is the end of it. Is it worth the BS or just keep my old snare and tell them to shove the new one where the sun don't shine. I also forgot to mention that I have to pay for the shipping both ways. So my MCX snare will cost me alot more than it is worth. What can I say Warrantees suck and so does Erickson Music.
    that really bad
    i have just couple of stand from pearl
    i was looking for a sensitone elite brass snare 10 lug
    i will be patient and look for another ludwig black magic 14X5
    thanks for the info Pearl MCX Man

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

That's a shame to hear that, especially after being excited to talk to someone from their dealers. What about the guys on pdf? You might have some more luck talking to the sales reps and employees who post there. Regarding the Erickson people, maybe you should just speak to a different person working there, like a manager.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Russ I have corresponded with Gene and Al from Pearl U.S.A on the PDF. They were very supportive of the whole ordeal and gave me the name of the contact for Pearl Canada who happens to be guess who Erickson Music ( Pearl distributor for Canada). Every Pearl brand comes through them and they are not a music store. Unfortunatly this is Canada and they could not do very much and agreed with me that Erickson music giving Pearl a bad name. Today I got a comfirmation that the snare is leaving Ericksons via pre-paid courier to my house and I should get the tracking number today. I had to do alot of yelling to get satisfaction and this should not be. I will see what happens next maybe I have to pay the shipping to send the old back but that's ok with me.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 07-21-2011 at 11:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    that really bad
    i have just couple of stand from pearl
    i was looking for a sensitone elite brass snare 10 lug
    i will be patient and look for another ludwig black magic 14X5
    thanks for the info Pearl MCX Man
    Riouel don't give up on Pearl cause they do have great quality products it's the Distributor that is the problem. If you buy directly from a store then they will take care of the warranty issues for you. I bought my snare online cause I live 2 hours away from the nearest big music store so I had no choice in the matter. Things are getting resolved but it took time and alot of screaming. Go ahead man buy your Sensitone Elite Brass snare it is a good one.

User Info Menu

Russ I have corresponded with Gene and Al from Pearl U.S.A on the PDF. They were very supportive of the whole ordeal and gave me the name of the contact for Pearl Canada who happens to be guess who Erickson Music ( Pearl distributor for Canada). Every Pearl brand comes through them and they are not a music store. Unfortunatly this is Canada and they could not do very much and agreed with me that Erickson music giving Pearl a bad name. Today I got a comfirmation that the snare is leaving Ericksons via pre-paid courier to my house and I should get the tracking number today. I had to do alot of yelling to get satisfaction and this should not be. I will see what happens next maybe I have to pay the shipping to send the old back but that's ok with me.
    Well that's some great news, at least Gene got you a contact. Glad you got your snare headed down your way, hopefully it won't take too long to get it delivered. Kind of dissappointing though, you would hope a company such as Pearl would be very apt to reply and work with their customers needs. I haven't had to contact them yet, but hopefully by the time I do- they communicate and honor their policies in a speedy fashion.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I've found that warranty work is rarely speedy...in any industry.