Thread: Looking for an inexpensive kit for MIDI sequencing

User Info Menu

Question Looking for an inexpensive kit for MIDI sequencing

I was a drummer years ago, then moved to bass and have been playing ever since. In the last few months, I've been teaching myself Propellerhead's Reason/Record, and am wanting to get a kit to play instead of program my drums-plus it'll be nice to have a quiet set to play on again . I'm looking for an inexpensive kit that's solidly built with good response on the pads. I'm not concerned with it's live sound capabilities, as it will be used strictly as a virtual controller. I was looking at the alesis DM7 USB kit for it's cheap price and USB out feature, but I wanted to know what other thought. I want to stay under $750, and the $539 price point I've seen online is very attractive for this kit. Also, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the kits I've read about, but I'm left handed, so easily mirroring the setup is really important

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking for an inexpensive kit for MIDI sequencing

Hi,

I have not played the actual alesis branded kit but i have played this same kit by the manufacturers who build for alesis in Shanghai. I was very impressed with this kit, for the money this feels great. it has much larger pads than the DM5 and DM6 and if i remember rightly also has a triple zone snare pad.

Without a doubt i reckon that the DM7 is the best under £1000 electronic kit alesis have done.

MikeTheDrums