Thread: New purchase!

User Info Menu

Default New purchase!

I'm excited/a little nervous. I just bought a near-mint Zildjian 17" Custom K Hybrid Crash off ebay. The seller has great feedback, the cymbal looks to be in great condition in the pictures and it's pretty much the exact cymbal I've been looking for. Just nervous about everything that can go wrong buying a cymbal on ebay!

Not bad for $190 with shipping included?

I'm hoping it'll match my K Medium Thin Dark Crash!
    Last edited by mayanrelic; 03-19-2011 at 10:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New purchase!

Now the bad part...waiting for it to arrive!

User Info Menu

Looks good dude! But a friendly heads up, posting commercial links here is against the forum rules.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

I don't understand that rule...I won the auction, its not for sale!

User Info Menu

Congrats on winning the cymbal mayanrelic! Can't wait to see it on your kit.

As to the rule on commercial links, the Forum Rules prohibit linking to any sight that conducts buying or selling. This is done to prevent this site from filling up with spammers, as so many other forums have experienced. You are welcome to post a link to a picture, but not to the site in general. We find that it's a small price to pay for the site to stay the way it started - a place for drummers of all ages and experience to come and chat, or just exchange information.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Congrats on the win. I have purchased a bunch of stuff off the Bay, and (knock on wood) haven't had any issues.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Congrats on winning the cymbal mayanrelic! Can't wait to see it on your kit.

As to the rule on commercial links, the Forum Rules prohibit linking to any sight that conducts buying or selling. This is done to prevent this site from filling up with spammers, as so many other forums have experienced. You are welcome to post a link to a picture, but not to the site in general. We find that it's a small price to pay for the site to stay the way it started - a place for drummers of all ages and experience to come and chat, or just exchange information.
    + 1 PB

congrad for the winning bid

now pic or it didn't happen

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mayanrelic View Post
    I'm excited/a little nervous. I just bought a near-mint Zildjian 17" Custom K Hybrid Crash off ebay. The seller has great feedback, the cymbal looks to be in great condition in the pictures and it's pretty much the exact cymbal I've been looking for. Just nervous about everything that can go wrong buying a cymbal on ebay!

Not bad for $190 with shipping included?

I'm hoping it'll match my K Medium Thin Dark Crash!
    I've gotten great deals doing this also. Last week I won a Paiste 14" Alpha thin crash that is brand spanking new for 66.00!
    I only bid from sellers that have good feedback and have many transactions as I got burned last year from a seller who sent me an empty pizza box! I got a refund but it was a hassle, so be careful.
    Enjoy your new addition!

User Info Menu

I have that same crash, 17" hybrid K. It is awesome, but really, no two will sound alike, so buying unheard on line is a crap shoot. I know this from working in a large cymbal distributor. Greatest example, when I bought my 16" med thin HH crash, I hit 160 16" med thin HH crashes before I found the one that I liked the most, they are all a litlle different. Ebay not an evil place really, I have done a couple hundred buys and sells with no real problems.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the score!
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    I have that same crash, 17" hybrid K. It is awesome, but really, no two will sound alike, so buying unheard on line is a crap shoot. I know this from working in a large cymbal distributor. Greatest example, when I bought my 16" med thin HH crash, I hit 160 16" med thin HH crashes before I found the one that I liked the most, they are all a litlle different. Ebay not an evil place really, I have done a couple hundred buys and sells with no real problems.
    Yeah that was the one and only time I had a problem. I'm on the look out for a ride, as I write this, so I can sell my XS20.
    Tama Swingstar-6Piece
    14" Wood Snare-
    Aquarian Focus X
    10" Tom
    Aquarian Response 2
    12"-13"Toms-
    Aquarian Super2 Powerdots
    22" Kick-
    Aquarian Super Kick2 w/Force2reso

Sabian XS20-Hats
    Paiste Alpha 14" Thin Crash
    Paiste Alpha 16" Medium Crash
    Paiste Alpha 17" Thin Crash
    Meinl Amum 17" Power Crash
    Paiste Alpha 18" Med.Crash
    Paiste Dimensions 18" Ride
    Wuhan -18" China

User Info Menu

Yeah, as long as it is a picture of the actual item and not a commercial image and the person has a good seller percentage, you should be fine. If he is an experienced seller it will be packaged well also. I have bought a ton of stuff on E-Bay used and have yet to experience a bad deal. Those that have are either very unlucky, or there was something that they missed that was a warning sign in the beginning that they missed.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Got it in today. It is in FANTASTIC shape. I won't be able to get to the rehearsal space and my kit until tomorrow though. Not bad for $190 shipped. This is replacing an 18" ZBT Crash/Ride! It's going to sound SO much nicer across from my 16" K Medium Thin Dark Crash!

Sounds decent on it's own hanging off me finger though. I can already tell the range and different sounds I'm gonna get out of the cymbal are going to be great!!
    Last edited by mayanrelic; 03-26-2011 at 03:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Boy it does look good! glad it worked out..and don't cut your finger showing it off before you get to your set! LOL
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    Boy it does look good! glad it worked out..and don't cut your finger showing it off before you get to your set! LOL
    Haha...that'd be horrible. My wife is out of town with the camera. I'll get a good picture up ASAP!

User Info Menu

what an improvement
    congrad on the new crash enjoy

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

Larrysperf Guest

Congrates and treat it right and you will get many years of enjoyment from it. Nuff said