Thread: What hardware /wiring set up do you drummers use to playback backing tracks?

User Info Menu

Question What hardware /wiring set up do you drummers use to playback backing tracks?

Hey All
    I'm in the process of creating backing tracks for my band that my drummer will play along to.
    What hardware and wiring set up do you drummer guys use to hear the click/backing tracks yourself and then the audience only hear the backing tracks?
    Actual examples would be nice of how its wired from one piece of equipment to the next and the hardware/electrical equipment used.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: What hardware /wiring set up do you drummers use to playback backing tracks?

im pretty sure most recording programs like acid pro tools. and you can torrent most programs. but i didnt tell you that.
    15 Year Self Taught Veteran

Sonor Force Kit
    Sabian

• 12" AAx Splash
    • 18" AAx Dark Crash
    • 16" AAX Studio Crash
    • 20" AAX Raw Bell Ride
    • 10" XS Splash
    • 14" AAX High Hat

Wuhan

• Sizzle China

1964 Ludwig 400 snare (vintage)

DW 8000 double pedal

METAL IS THE LAW

My Band

User Info Menu

Default Re: What hardware /wiring set up do you drummers use to playback backing tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonor1989d View Post
    im pretty sure most recording programs like acid pro tools. and you can torrent most programs. but i didnt tell you that.
    Sorry but you've misunderstood me here.
    I mean for when you are playing to backing tracks what equipment are you using, NOT what equipment you used to make the backing tracks up with in the first place?

User Info Menu

This may be outdated but back in the mid 80's I was in a band with no Bass player. The keyboard player programmed all the bass parts into a Roland sequencer so I had to play to a click track. I had my own small mixer back by my kit and I had the click track sent to the mixer as well as my drum mix, vocals, guitar and Keys. I could adjust as needed in my head phones. I can't remember how he did it, but the sound engineer sent me a feed from the snake coming off the main mixing console. The Keyboard player used an eight count before each song, so I got 4 clicks then I counted 4 for the rest of the band to start the song.

Funny story. The first night we tried this we had the click in a monitor back beside me. As soon as the band kicked in I could no longer hear the click. it was a mess. I went to the store during the first break and picked up a cheap boombox with a aux in, and a pair of headphones so I could hear the click for the rest of the night. Fun times.