Thread: Origin Of The Universe!

User Info Menu

Default Origin Of The Universe!

Ok I'm doing a research project for english that is due on May 25 and I need some help! Please tell me little about your view on it and explain any other theories that you know of. CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHERE CREDIT IS DUE! Not that my english teacher will know who you are or anything. My main focus will be on the big bang vs creationism, but I also need as many theories as I can find.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I believe that the world was created by God!! I do think the Genesis acount is somewhat of an oversimplification of how he did it, and I don't think that the 7 days that he did it in were literally 7 24 hour days. But the important part of the account to me is who created the world and everything in it. With out any doubt I believe God created the world and everything in it.

User Info Menu

Wouldn't it be safer to have put this into the christian/religious section? At any rate dude you can find alot of info in the eovlution thread that has been raging in there for some time now - evolution, and both sides of the creation argument - literal genesis/old earth theories. I personally beleive in a literal Genesis, for which I beleive I have good reason as a christian.

Might I ask what exactly you are trying to find out and how it relates to english? I would have thought this would have been a science or history topic?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Oh boy, I can see this one creating a huge argument

You won't get fair answers here. I believe however that the universe was created by the first exploding atoms. Or at least thats how the galaxies were created
    Not sure about the whole universe though, sorry bro.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    Oh boy, I can see this one creating a huge argument

You won't get fair answers here. I believe however that the universe was created by the first exploding atoms. Or at least thats how the galaxies were created
    Not sure about the whole universe though, sorry bro.

Yeah, that's why I thought maybe this was better suited in the christian section, as it has shown in the past to become a very touchy subject

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon
    Please tell me little about your view on it and explain any other theories that you know of.
    Don't have any theories but I have a statement:

Nobody knows.

End of story.

User Info Menu

I think Someone does know.

User Info Menu

And that someone is....

Chuck Norris

User Info Menu

I think we need to work on building some sort of time machine type device that allows us all to know once and for all. Instead of looking at bones that actually don't tell us anything much definitively, and theorising about why the universe looks like this, or why there is so much dark matter in this a part of the universe against another part of the universe, let's focus all scientific research into a time viewing portal, and then we can know eveyrthing about history, and there will be no more confusion or theories, just facts.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Crazyman.
    Daemon, I think you could turn this in to an awesome paper compiling different views and beliefs from around the world about how the Earth and universe were created, rather than straining over knowing what the actual origin of the universe is.

User Info Menu

Actually 32, not a bad idea - you should focus on more than just the two most common ideas and also look into various forms of ancient mythology, such as Australian Aboriginal Dreamtime, Egyption versions (using Horus and the seed of Osiris and that), Hindu beleifs (not familiar with their version), adn whatever else you can get your mits around. I know alot of it is just flat out called "mythology" - however at one point in time these were legitmately beleived and accepted versions for the creation of the universe, and should be given the same respect as the evolution myth.

hehehehhe

User Info Menu

This doesn't belong in this religious section, its not a debate about it, I need points FROM ALL VIEWS. And the part that relates to english is the reasearch and the presentation portion.

Thanks for your help so far, I haven't decided what to use yet, bet I'll tell you when I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat's Avatar
    32ndHeartBeat
    Daemon, I think you could turn this in to an awesome paper compiling different views and beliefs from around the world about how the Earth and universe were created, rather than straining over knowing what the actual origin of the universe is.
    That's my plan, which is why i need the views, I just want to have a little portion on the big bang vs creation as well (it would be about 1/4 of the total paper)
    Last edited by Daemon; 05-16-2007 at 09:59 PM.
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Cool, well for what it is worth, the creationist argument goes along the line of God using either 1) seven literal, 24 hour days to literally create everything, as in bring forth matter and all things from absolute nothingness in a physical reality sense or 2) same thing, but instead of using 7 literal 24 hour days, he used days as a figure of speech for an undertermined period of time, with each day relating to specifc points in the creation process. To make things worse, you have the Pope saying he beleives in Evolution, and things get real messy from there.

From a scientific position, both theories have reasons to be supported, as each leaves particular questions unanswered, however these same questions seem to get even less answers from evolutionists/darwynists, along with many other issues evolutionary science is yet to provide suitable explanations and answers for.

That I think is the fundamental christian viewpoint on creation - RD anything you wanna add?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    And that someone is....

Chuck Norris
    HAHAHAHA!!! I haven't heard a good Chuck Norris joke in a long time! Good one 32!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Everything ever that is everywhere has to be distroyed..... Its said so by that guy that made the law "everything has an equal an opposite reaction." Apply that to the big bang and what do you think happens?

Im sorry christian guys but how do you explain the universe shrinking?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    ...RD anything you wanna add?
    Here's a couple of links for John McAuther. He's one of the leading theologians of our day, and a very straight shooter. He's from the seven literal days camp.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/70-3-2.htm

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/85-1-4.htm

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/85-1-7.htm

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/1301-E-2.htm

Here the link again to Hugh Ross' web site. He's from the seven epochs camp.

http://www.reasons.org/

As I've said earlyer, I don't know which side is correct. As far as I'm concerned, it's a debatable issue and I don't go to the mat over debatable issues. My faith is in Jesus, not in the age of the Earth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Don't have any theories but I have a statement:

Nobody knows.

End of story.

Yeah, what he said.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.