View Poll Results: Which drum set?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • pearl session custom(maple)NEW

11 73.33%
  • Yamaha tour custom(maple)NEW

4 26.67%

Thread: Drum chat I need you BADLY please look.

User Info Menu

Default Drum chat I need you BADLY please look.

OK I am so frustrated.

As most of you know I just got a pacific kit, well I have spent since Sunday trying to get the drums to tune right and flat out just not having any luck, so I called up guitar center they are letting me come back to trade for either a

Pearl session custom
    yamaha tour custom

User Info Menu

LOL mate. lucky you werent married to these kits! pearl session id say.

User Info Menu

lol a 4th kit wow ddrumbum lol

i say pearl session as well

although the yamaha customs do play well
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

GC is liberal about letting you tune and re tune their kits. May I suggest you do so for some time before you take one home.

User Info Menu

WHy don't you go electric - always tuned perfectly! Then no more problems
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

I am getting my ddrum Ash kit back, turns out the problem I thought was wrong with my Ash kit was actually the snare beds on the snare, I thought the snare had bad bearing edges, I have no idea what a snare bed is or what it's purpose is, but I am getting my ddrum kit back tomorrow and am sticking with that, no more trading, replacing nothing.

I feel like a complete idiot.

User Info Menu

Don't feel like an idiot man, those problems are way beyond anyone but experts and Guitar Center employees as far as I see it
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I am actually pretty excited to get my ddrums back, they are alot prettier than my pacific kit, and the kick drum is a frickin cannon.

User Info Menu

I liked that deep green color, very purdy
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Yay ddrum comes through again!!!! Screw DW and their cheaper counterparts!

User Info Menu

If BTG sees that he's gonna hit me.......hehehehe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Yay ddrum comes through again!!!! Screw DW and their cheaper counterparts!

Yea I should have just kept them, but what do ya do. I still have to say DW drums the real DW drums are the absolute best drums available hands down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Yea I should have just kept them, but what do ya do. I still have to say DW drums the real DW drums are the absolute best drums available hands down.
    Yeah, prob true, although, that being said, at a certain point it again comes down to personal preference. I personally think top end Ludwig kits are the shiznit. I remeber hearing one a long time ago in a drum shop when I first got into drumming, it blew me away, it sounded like it was miced up up right there in the shop, no dampening, nothing, just the kit - it was perfect. Since then I have always regarded Ludwig as a step above all others, with DW kits coming a close second. Either way though, they are both way outta my price range. Hell I can't even afford real cymbals or new heads.

User Info Menu

Yeah, prob true, although, that being said, at a certain point it again comes down to personal preference. I personally think top end Ludwig kits are the shiznit. I remeber hearing one a long time ago in a drum shop when I first got into drumming, it blew me away, it sounded like it was miced up up right there in the shop, no dampening, nothing, just the kit - it was perfect. Since then I have always regarded Ludwig as a step above all others, with DW kits coming a close second. Either way though, they are both way outta my price range. Hell I can't even afford real cymbals or new heads.
    You are absolutely right, and yes they are WAY out of my price range as well, so my ddrums will have to do for many years....................I hope.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    You are absolutely right, and yes they are WAY out of my price range as well, so my ddrums will have to do for many years....................I hope.
    Hey, they're better than mine so more power to ya! From the various vid's you have made the ddrum kits sound pretty darn good if you ask me - so personally i'd be more than happy with 'em.

User Info Menu

thanks i think so to.

User Info Menu

haha music prevails again!!!!

User Info Menu

DW second to Ludwig? Whatever you're smoking, can I have some?

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Kev.....sorry those Pacifics didn't work out for you, man, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Good luck!
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

ANOTHER drumset? I am beside myself. Maybe the problem is actually your sticks.

User Info Menu

Lol. Its hard to believe. But when you get into drumming you want different kits for different things

I would have apractice kit. REcording kit. Tour kit. Maybe an electronic kit as well.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

dude, seek help. seriously.

User Info Menu

Hey funky I think I need help, or at least I sure did, god man 4 kits, I am a retard lol, but I am stickin to my ddrums

User Info Menu

been a couple days, change your mind again yet? lol

User Info Menu

Nope I am stickin with my ddrums lol.