Thread: Shure SM81's

User Info Menu

Default Shure SM81's

Anyone ever use these mics on drums? For overheads? They are really nice mics, and I'm thinking maybe 2 SM81's as overheads, and a beta 52 on the kick, would actually sound really nice converted to 0's and 1's. Anyone have any experience?
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Default Re: Shure SM81's

I'm using a beta 52 it's good ,lots of bottom end grunt but still keeps a good high end punch

User Info Menu

SM 81 as overheads are sweet. I have them. For bass drum, the beta is very popular.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

It's all about what I have available to me at the shop. How dampened is the room you have your sm81's set up in? I'll be in a big 2k square foot warehouse when I get to play with this stuff.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    It's all about what I have available to me at the shop. How dampened is the room you have your sm81's set up in? I'll be in a big 2k square foot warehouse when I get to play with this stuff.
    you will most likely have to make a drum booth