Thread: Help

User Info Menu

Question Help

hey i need help on somthing..... how do you take the drum track out of a song that lets say you got off itunes or something similar. i want to do drum covers and take the drums that are already there out so you only hear me. thanks for any input you have

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help

Sorry, but can't be done unless you have the original mix where you could mute the drum tracks and then bump it down to a stem without the drums. I think there are quite a bit of songs out there with no drum tracks for this purpose but to do it retroactively pretty much impossible.

User Info Menu

first off thanks for replying..... okay but so when i see a drum cover on youtube by like cobus or that other guy thats good..... in them you cant hear the drum track..... can you explain how that is achieved? thanks

User Info Menu

Well, I don't really know these folks so I have not seen their vids, but if there is NO background drums in the song and they are playing along then they probably have bought the song with no drum track on it. Like I said in the original post there are songs for sale with no drum tracks so people can play along ( I would do a google search for songs minus the drum tracks). Either way I can guarantee the song was not ripped from itunes and the drums surgically extracted.