Thread: Wuhan, Zildjian, and Stagg

User Info Menu

Default Wuhan, Zildjian, and Stagg

I have recently undergone the exhausting process of searching for new cymbals. I am on a very tight budget, and I would prefer to avoid buying used cymbals because I want to be sure of the quality and I want them to last for a bit.

I'm looking for affordable cymbals that will be high enough quality to play live shows and not look like a fool.

So far I'm thinking Stagg SH or DH 14" hats, 16" crash, and 20" exo ride. 20" wuhan china, and maybe some 8" and 10" zildjian trashformer splashes.

I've done a lot of research and I'm really impressed with the sound of all these cymbals. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Wuhan, Zildjian, and Stagg

No experience with them, but i will reccomend paiste pst3's or pst5's. And that wuhan china.
    Cheap and good enough to play live with.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Look into Wuhan's crashes and splashes and hats too. They are very affordable and they sound really good
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

I have a Wuhan 12" splash and really like it...I compared it against some of the more expensive splashes (Zildjian/Sabian) and the Wuhan won out. I'm actually thinking about getting either a 18" or 20" Wuhan China next.

User Info Menu

Wuhan splashes and china....no problems. A little iffy on a few of their crashes (not all) and not a fan of some of their hi-hats and rides, seriously as far as rides and hi-hats are concerned, these should be of a better quality if you can do so.... you'd be better off with Zildjian...ZHT's rather than ZBT's....or if you can really afford it, the more professional lines such as A's, K's or Z's. But it's like anything....you need to try them all out before you'd form an opinion.....two similarly stamped cymbals of the same brand, line, size and thickness may sound different....may sound similar.

Can't say I've personally heard the Zildjian Trashformer splashes, but I read a review of them, and they seem to be favourably rated.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8