Thread: Hi Hat pedal issues

User Info Menu

Default Hi Hat pedal issues

Hi all, I just got a cheapo simmons kit just for quiet practicing. The hi hat pedal doesn't seem to work, but I'm pretty sure there's just something I am not understanding about hot to set it. Anyone got any pointers for me?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi Hat pedal issues

Hey,

SAorry to start with the most basic questions - but can i check you have the pedal plugged in to the control pedal input on the brain? if still no joy then try a different cable you know that works.

Still having problems? let me know and i will try to help further.
    MikeTheDrums

User Info Menu

Well, I go ahold of Simmon's tech support and they didn't even want to know what was wrong. Just wanted my address and they're sending a new one. Let's hope the new one works.

And yeah, the cable did work, but when it was plugged in all I could get was a closed sound. If I unplugged it from the brain I had only an open sound. Wait, or maybe that means the cable didn't work... meh

User Info Menu

By any chance is this the SD5K??
    I can understand them just sending a new part - it is not uncommon for these kits to have problems and replacement parts are inexpensive for them so it would not be worth the hassle picking this up. crazy i know!!

anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Enjoy your new kit
    MikeTheDrums