Thread: Got a spare $6000 Australian?

User Info Menu

Cool Got a spare $6000 Australian?

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PEARL-PAISTE-...QQcmdZViewItem

I think I would sell one of my children for that kit, especially that cymbal set
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

AHHHHHH!!!!!
    If I had 6000 bucks to spend I would definately be owning that!
    I thought Joey uses Zildjian though?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    AHHHHHH!!!!!
    If I had 6000 bucks to spend I would definately be owning that!
    I thought Joey uses Zildjian though?
    No Paiste is right, I think people just assume Zildjian. In fact alot of top end players use Paiste cymbals, I personally think they are one of the most underrated companies in the drum business. Apparently though in the studio recently he has been using Meinl (according to wikipedia).
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

6,000 Australian. How do you convert that? Is it like dog years? If you've got 6,000 Australian, youre 105 years old?

User Info Menu

6,000 Australian....so what's that, like, $2.50?

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

lol . its about 4500 US roughly. dollar is about 83c at the moment.

User Info Menu

thats a nice kit.. wow

User Info Menu

i think it is cool that they put this kind of sig kit together. the white paistes are a nice touch. i'm surprised they dont have the slipknot logo on them too. however, i dont think i would spend that kind of money on any export kit with export hardware. i'm pretty sure you could buy that piece by piece for alot less money. most of the cost is in those cymbals.

User Info Menu

meh.....the only signature kit I would ever remotely consider buying is Keith Moons and just cos it looks cool really.....with that kinda money id prefer to buy something unique to me...

User Info Menu

Yeah, the guitar manufacturers are really going for this kind of thing. I saw a special edition Eric Clapton "aged" (purposely beat up) Strat going for 5k. Only a total Yuppie poser would plunk down that kind of cash for a replica of a famous guy's axe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Yeah, the guitar manufacturers are really going for this kind of thing. I saw a special edition Eric Clapton "aged" (purposely beat up) Strat going for 5k. Only a total Yuppie poser would plunk down that kind of cash for a replica of a famous guy's axe.
    true, yet plenty of those yuppy posers to buy em up. it's just plain ol business, if there is a market....sell it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood
    meh.....the only signature kit I would ever remotely consider buying is Keith Moons and just cos it looks cool really.....with that kinda money id prefer to buy something unique to me...
    that is pretty kool.