Thread: Check Out My Kid's Teacher

User Info Menu

Default Check Out My Kid's Teacher

Here's a clip of my son's guitar teacher Tommy "Atomic" McClendon from back in the day. He's the madman with the scream'n SG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahDU...elated&search=

User Info Menu

Ok, when I click that link it wasn't working, so I did a search and came up with another video from 1985 with a guy, who looks kinda like a girl opening the song with a solo in a red jacket playing a red gibson SG - is that him? if it is, then your boy is in good hands.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

that guys nuts!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Ok, when I click that link it wasn't working, so I did a search and came up with another video from 1985 with a guy, who looks kinda like a girl opening the song with a solo in a red jacket playing a red gibson SG - is that him? if it is, then your boy is in good hands.

Not sure why the link didn't work? Yes, he the tiny little guy with big hair and the Gibson SG. Also, yes my son's in great hands. He's a super nice guy too.

User Info Menu

That is awsome! I have seen UFO in concert, about a million years ago.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummina
    That is awsome! I have seen UFO in concert, about a million years ago.
    *bowing very low*

I'm not worthy to look into the eyes of one who's looked into the eyes of Michael Schenker!!

*touches the hem of Drummina's garment*

User Info Menu

Awe, thanks RD! But please, you are embarrassing me, stand up now.

User Info Menu

Oh, alright. But you will forever be called "she who has gazed at Schenker".

Seriously, that is so cool. I'm a big UFO fan, but never saw them in concert.

I've told this story before, but when my son first played for the guys at church during a rehearsal, they asked him to play something for them. Right on que he and his older brother, who was on drums, launched into "Rock Bottom". It was really cool.

User Info Menu

It was sad, really. It must have been around mid or late 80's and it was kind of a small place, compared to the crowds they used to play to. I was shocked. We were driving by and I saw their name on the marquee. They were in this smaller divish big hair place called Rockers. I was like WTF is UFO doing here? So we stopped in and saw 'em. Everyone except me and my friend had big big hair that was either black or blonde. It was wierd. The crowd didn't really even know who they were it seemed. *shaking head in dismay*

User Info Menu

So was Schenker with them?

They did go through some bad times there. They were so awesome in the 70's and early 80's, but they could never really break over into the super big time like Van Halen or Scorpions. I guess Schenker got addicted to heroin and there was just a lot of the typical musician malarky going on. Now with the rise of "Classic Rock" they still have a career, but they are a "shoulda been" band. Shoulda been as big as Zeppelin. Shenker is one of those artists who is totally revered by other guitarists, but virtually unknown to the general public.

User Info Menu

I honestly don't know if he was there. I knew some of their stuff but never owned any of their albums (for the younger audience, albums are sort of like large cd's) so I wouldn't know. Sorry I can't give you a better report.

User Info Menu

My husband frequently complains that Tommy Aldridge is a drummer who never got recognized for his talents (as far as the general public goes). He is on You Tube and is awsome. It is so unfair how some musicians get thier props and some just never do...Don't ask me what the formula is.
    Last edited by Drummina; 05-18-2007 at 06:54 PM.

User Info Menu

hope apart from music lessons, there are no other things involved. just jokin but he is really obsessed with his music