Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: grunge

User Info Menu

Default grunge

I like grunge music like Alice in Chains, Nirvana.....bands like that. And i was looking at a set recommended for grunge rock only and one of em was a tama imperialstar. What do you guys think?

User Info Menu

Well Alice & Chains had nice vocals, but the genre as a whole is not worth the price of a cheap drum kit. Man, I'm glad that fad died.

User Info Menu

Grunge Bob Square Pants

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Grunge Bob Square Pants
    Hey D.C., I would say smile when you say that, but since you did, all I can say is, Nice smile!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Hey D.C., I would say smile when you say that, but since you did, all I can say is, Nice smile!
    he he he It's late and I'm silly when it's late

User Info Menu

Cool grunge

My wife says grunge is what builds up on the tile if you don't clean up after you shower
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    My wife says grunge is what builds up on the tile if you don't clean up after you shower

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Well Alice & Chains had nice vocals, but the genre as a whole is not worth the price of a cheap drum kit. Man, I'm glad that fad died.
    I myself like Grunge, and the Tama Imperialstar isnt a bad set man not from what ive heard and played on. Anyway dude Tamas are pretty good sets, just try the drums out before you buy em man, best way to do it.

User Info Menu

I quite like grunge.

User Info Menu

i talked to my dad and he said they look nice for cheap drums. and i've already tried them out at a local guitar center

User Info Menu

How did you like them man? its all on personal preference anyhow

User Info Menu

I absolutely fell in love with them!!!!
    They had evans G2 heads on the toms and snare
    but what i really liked was the bass drum's big ol sound, i think there was an EMAD head on the batter side, just a stock Tama head on the other side. so yeah i'm gonna buy an imperialstar for my next set.
    wish me luck!

User Info Menu

Goodluck bro i hope you love em

User Info Menu

Goodluck to you ringo

As for grunge, i hate it, i hate it almost as much as glam metal, the kind where the guys looked just like girls like poison

I really did, twas a shame too, nirvana had some good music, but the style killed it

User Info Menu

god rest kurt cobain's soul

User Info Menu

I have heard people who have studied in the conservatoriums tell me "Grunge was the erra of no musical talent" And i would have to agree. I cant express how much i hate it. There is no talent to it. But i have to admit. Its apart of the musical timeline that gets to where i am.

User Info Menu

NO TALENT!!!!
    Are you freakin' kidding me!
    there was talent in grunge music: kurt cobain was a great guitarist and vocalist, and Dave Grohl was a phenomenal drummer! so don't even say that grunge had "no talent"

User Info Menu

NO TALENT?

One word, Soundgarden!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo
    NO TALENT?

One word, Soundgarden!
    Yes Soundgarden was amazing but i mean dude no talent come on ever heard of the Melvins? Mudhoney? Pixies? listen to the Pixies man and be blown away by some phenomenal vocal melodies.

User Info Menu

Man i grew up on the the Pixies. My dad is a massive fan and i like them too.

User Info Menu

grunge rules!
    let's leave it at that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    .. kurt cobain was a great guitarist...
    LOL!! Somebody put a bullet in my head! If Kurt Cobain was a great guitarist, our cat is freak'n Mozart.

User Info Menu

lol, thats coming from an axe man right there

User Info Menu

i feel burnt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    I have heard people who have studied in the conservatoriums tell me "Grunge was the erra of no musical talent" And i would have to agree. I cant express how much i hate it. There is no talent to it.
    I'm not sure you know what talent is then.....
    No offence but listen to anything that is on any released record in the world and you will see talent. for me talent ain't about playing "fast" or anything its about what people want to hear at the end of the day.

Just because you don't like somethhing doesn't mean there isn't any talent attached.
    There's plenty of stuff out there that I wouldn't listen to in a million years but that does not mean that individual is talentless.
    its like saying a band like say Dream Theater (who are a collection of some of the best musicians in the world) are talentless just because I don't like them.
    On the reverse if I don't like the N'Sync or any of that guff its because i don't like what I hear at the end of the day and NOT because they are talentless.

P.S. N'Sync may not have talent in where the obvious areas of music would lie but they may have talent in other areas. For that reason i wouldn't really call them musicians. mexicancounciloffood does not condemn the listening of N'Sync nor Dream Theater. mexicancounciloffood is regulated by the.....etc.