Thread: Double bass pedal advice

User Info Menu

Default Double bass pedal advice

I am ready to upgrade my double bass pedal, and I need the advice of someone who has had experience with the higher end double bass pedals. I am looking at the Iron Cobra Power Glides as a definite option as well as the Powershifter Eliminators from Pearl. However, I am open to any suggestions you may have. My style of drums is definitely metal, so I need a pedal that will get me high speeds I need while remaining durable for a long time. Thank you for your help.

User Info Menu

I've played a lot of pedals, and I own the DW 7002, so far my favorites are Axis (something goes here) and the DW 5002 (over the 9002)
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

I have the Pearl double Eliminator Powershifter set and it is awesome!!! I do like the Iron Cobras, but they just did'nt have the adjustability that the Pearls do. I also really like the Axis Longboards, but they have a huge price tag that I don't really feel is worth it. All three are great choices and can really take a beating. I just found that being able to change the cams to fit the way I play was the feature that was most important to me (besides durability) so I went with Pearl.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I have the Tama HP-900 PTW-C I love em. I wore out both beaters in 2 months and have never had a problem. Good pedal imo.
    Sonor Delite birdeye Azure
    Tama HP-900 PTW-C
    Tama HH905 High Hat stand
    Sabian metal X HH,Ride
    Bosphorous 16/18 crash
    sabian 19" China
    http://www.myspace.com/hollywoodinseptember

User Info Menu

if you have the cash the trick pedal is imo a HUGE step over all the above mentioned as far as performance, ease of use and adjustments goes. i cant say about durability because they havnt been out that long. however all of the other ones mentioned are more affordable and are great too. the dw5002s i own have served me very well since 1992 or 93. the 9002 is supposed to be even better. i have played a couple elims and they both played well but felt a little wobbly and squeaked alot. i have not rocked the cobras but figure if they are good enuff for dave lombardo then they are fast and can take a beating.