Thread: No pictures, didn't happen!

User Info Menu

Default No pictures, didn't happen!

Well I don't have any pictures, but I did a add a myspace link to some playing a did awhile back.

If interested, the recordings are from a night at the Music Factory where an intern was getting some hours in. I was asked by a friend of mine to join them and sit in. I learned these songs as I played them for the most part. It was a long night of people hanging out and a lot of beer was put down. The recordings were never mixed or mastered--just raw tracks.

Just thought I should put something up here on Drum Chat and most of what I have isn't mine so I can't.

BTW, track 2 is an odd song but it was recorded with overhead ribbon mics. Interesting effect.
    Last edited by Riverr1; 04-11-2011 at 03:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: No pictures, didn't happen!

Hahaha, love your thread title.

I checked them out, not bad for a raw recording. I like all of them. The group has that 70's type vibe to it.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    The group has that 70's type vibe to it.
    Thank you for the kind words GF. To tell you the truth, I was a little concerned about putting this up because it is so raw. I figured I might be opening myself up for a good critical spanking. Then no one said anything. That was even worse! lol

Going for the 70's vibe is exactly why I was asked to sit in. The songwriter wanted to hear the songs with a programed, repetitious 70's groove. If you caught it, I must of hit it.

Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Track#4 is my favorite! Great playing Riverr1! What cymbals were you using at the time of the recordings? They sound awesome! Thanks for sharing! The tracks don't sound raw in my ears.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Track#4 is my favorite! Great playing Riverr1! What cymbals were you using at the time of the recordings? They sound awesome! Thanks for sharing! The tracks don't sound raw in my ears.
    Late8, again thank you for the kind words. I keep a diary of what I play when I record. Good thing for answering your question because I didn't remember. The ride was a 22" Paragon. To the left I had a 16" Paiste Signature full crash and a 14" AAX. Over the toms I used the splashes. An 8" Signature and a 10" Alpha. To the right I had an 18" Signature fast crash and a 20" Signature crash. Gotta say though, if I used the 20" it wasn't much. I also put down I used a Sabian's Weckl 14" HHX china. Again, if I used it, it wasn't much. For hats I only put down Signature Sound Edge. I have both 14 and 15" but I didn't put down which. As bright as they sound I'd guess the 14".

Although you didn't ask, the drums are Master Customs with Evans Hydraulic heads on the toms. The snare is a 5", free floating maple with an Evans Genera HD. The bass was an EQ3.

Again, thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riverr1 View Post
    Late8, again thank you for the kind words. I keep a diary of what I play when I record. Good thing for answering your question because I didn't remember. The ride was a 22" Paragon. To the left I had a 16" Paiste Signature full crash and a 14" AAX. Over the toms I used the splashes. An 8" Signature and a 10" Alpha. To the right I had an 18" Signature fast crash and a 20" Signature crash. Gotta say though, if I used the 20" it wasn't much. I also put down I used a Sabian's Weckl 14" HHX china. Again, if I used it, it wasn't much. For hats I only put down Signature Sound Edge. I have both 14 and 15" but I didn't put down which. As bright as they sound I'd guess the 14".

Although you didn't ask, the drums are Master Customs with Evans Hydraulic heads on the toms. The snare is a 5", free floating maple with an Evans Genera HD. The bass was an EQ3.

Again, thank you.
    The details that you wrote down are priceless! Thanks for sharing the information. So the hats were Paiste eh? My ears weren't deceiving me. They stood out and were so brilliant and shimmery.

Awesome tracks! Thanks again!