Thread: New Kit on the way !!!

User Info Menu

Default New Kit on the way !!!

Just had to tell someone!

I have ordered my new kit and they should be arriving at home later this week or next !

Pearl Reference Series in Granite Sparkle- looks hot - sounds UNBELIEVABLE.

Have also ordered a Pearl Icon Rack for this kit, an Eliminator Cable Remote Hi Hat System and will be grabbing new hats when I collect the kit as I plan to run 2 sets of hats, 1 will remain static for now but I might add a second cable system later ??

For those other Aussies that have heard of horror stories when ordering' non-stock' Pearl drums, I can confirm this now as I have also ordered a 13 x 10 tom and I have been told I have en expected wait of ................................( drumroll please )...................................4 - 6 months !!!!!!! I am hoping this is an ' underpromise and overdeliver' situation.

Might even have enough $ left for another cymbal, because you can never have enough of them!

I will post pics when it arrives

Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Welcome, Wotto. I understand your excitement since I am also shopping for a new kit. It's cool to have a place to share that excitement. You couldn't be among a nicer group of people. Congrats on the new kit. I'll look forward to the pics!

User Info Menu

awesome man, great choice. the granite sparkle is beautiful in person. what sizes did you order?
    and about that 4-6 mo wait, from what i have heard from a few aussies on the pearl forum plan on closer to a year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    awesome man, great choice. the granite sparkle is beautiful in person. what sizes did you order?
    and about that 4-6 mo wait, from what i have heard from a few aussies on the pearl forum plan on closer to a year.

Thanks Mate,

That Granite looks SO MUCH BETTER in real life than in ANY photo I have seen.

Standard sizes - 10 x 8 and 12 x 9 toms ( plus the 13 x 10 custom order ) and a 16 x 16 floor tom, 22 x 18 bass.

And did you HAVE to mention that year wait
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Aw dang. I wanted a reference so bad. But There is only like 4 finishes and i dont really like them :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

from what i hear there will be at least a couple more colors released at the next namm. the purple craze is one of my favorite laquer finishes of all time. its the best factory finish ive ever seen.

User Info Menu

Cool New Kit on the way!!!

Good on ya, wotto! The wait should be worth it, but whoa! Six months on a "non-standard" size? It's not like you're ordering a Corvette from the States or somethin', mate!

Nevertheless...can't wait to see the pix, either!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Well Wotto, as far as war stories go, I ordered a 14x14" Floor Tom when I bought my kit last November, and it finally got here last month.

So they aren't really lying to you when they say 4 - 6 months. Just pay for it and save for other additions to your kit.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Surely they would have custom ones in stock at the pearl dealership :S If not why not. They sell so many of them. I wish they could sort that out :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I like the kit, but the cable hi hats hate me as much as I hate them :(
    I just could never get the feel of a cable system as well as a chain pull.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

sounds like a sweet kit bro

way to go

sux on the shipping for that one tom tho
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

I always liked the idea of te cable hihats. Because its simple fact you can hit them louder for an evener mix with open arms

Unless you just learn open arms with a normal hat.

Never tried the cables though
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

So, Woot, has the new kit arrived yet? You might be busy setting it up right now. If so, make sure you post some pics for the rest of us. We love to see our brothers and sisters kits. We get excited when you get excited!