Thread: Wuhan cymbals?

User Info Menu

Default Wuhan cymbals?

I've been doing some research on wuhan and they sound good but i cant find a website for them, i read that the dream factory made wuhans but i couldnt find any with the wuhan name on them, i dont understand. and how many of you guys have tried wuhans and whadda ya think.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Wuhan cymbals?

Here is what I've gathered over time about wuhan.

I've only played a 12" china from them, it was wonderful. They do have a quality sounding product, the only complaint I have heard is that they do break more frequently than other cymbals, but I'f you play properly you should be okay. and for the price you cannot beat them.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

I am seriously considering purchasing a Wuhan China to add to my kit. I will probably go with one of the larger sizes. For the $ you can't beat them. Just don't literally beat them! It should be the cymbal you hit the least, so durability should not be an issue.

User Info Menu

Wuhans are the best chinas. Why pay $400 dollars for something thats supposed to sound trashy? I got my 20" riveted Wuhan of eBay for $30, you cannot go wrong with their chinas.

User Info Menu

i have a 18 wuhan china , i love it ,and when it breaks i'll just buy another one , the price is right ..... also ,wuhan doesnt have a web site ..
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Wuhan cymbals are best known for their china cymbals (I have an 18" like atomcorr), but they also produced an "S" series that had a more traditional sound. They weren't the same sound as the big 3 though. They were more like the Dream cymbals. The Wuhan S cymbals are harder to find used, but they do occasionally pop up.

Keep in mind the Dream cymbals are a very nice budget line too. I have 2 Dream cymbals, and I like them more and more every day.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I bought a 16" Wuhan sometime ago and hated it, but then again I;m not a fan of China crashes. I'll be getting a A Custom EFX instead soon. It seems to be more versatile to me.
    Gretsch Catalina Maple Fusion 6pc. Deep Amber

10" Zildjian Titanium ZXT Splash | 14" Zildjian A Quick Beat Hi-Hats | 17" Zildjian Custom K Hybrid Crash | 19" Zildjian Custom K Hybrid Crash | 21" Zildjian A Sweet Ride

User Info Menu

wuhan are very low in prize
    they all sound diferent so try more you can before buying one

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I got a 12" once, it sounds terrible, but then I heard a different one on youtube. Much better! Thats proof that no 2 (Wuhan) cymbals sound the same! I like their chinas, but their splashes even more! *Sigh* I wish I had more stands.. :(
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FIDDLEHEADSTEW View Post
    I've been doing some research on wuhan and they sound good but i cant find a website for them...
    Drum Bum has 10" and 16"

Wuhan 10" Splash Cymbal

Wuhan 16" Splash Cymbal

User Info Menu

I really like the sounds of the Wuhans, some of their crashes are very dark and trashy, their chinas are the best on the marketand their rides have a great vintage sound to them. Besides what other company sells handmade hand-hammered B20 cymbals anywhere near their price point?

User Info Menu

In my opinion, Wuhan makes the best chinas to be had at ANY price.

User Info Menu

I had an 18" wuhan china for 3 years that finally just broke down on me recently. Replaced it with a 16" china and it is just as amazing as the first one. I would definitely go for it. Even if you end up not liking it, you've only blown 50 bucks max depending on what size you get
    The drums!
    Tama Starclassic Birch 5 piece
    14x6.5 Brass Pork Pie big black snare
    12",14" DDrum Deccabons
    Batter- Aquarian Response 2 coated
    Reso- Aquarian Classic Coated

The Cymbals!
    17" Paiste 2002 Wild Crash
    19" Paiste 2002 Power Crash
    20" Paiste 2002 Crash
    20" Paiste 2002 Ride
    14" Paiste 2002 Sound Edge Hi hats
    10" Wuhan Splash
    16" Wuhan China

User Info Menu

Wuhan's. China made. Sound is hit or miss. I think you can pick up a pair of hats, crash and ride for about 2 bills if you shop around. I think you should go for broke and get
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxQOcoCgPw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxQOcoCgPw&feature=related[/ame]
    There are other better sound videos on ewetoob. But they are commercial-ish, so I won't link them.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Here's some info for all you boys and girls.....scanned it straight from my copy of "The Cymbal Book" by Hugo Pinksterboer. You got to hand it to the man.....he went everywhere to get the inside goss on cymbals, how they're made, what types to go for, who makes what, who play them and so on. Did this more than a decade ago.

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I'm on record here in other threads as being a big Wuhan fan. They're definitely not for everyone and don't fit every style, but they're a thing of beauty to my ears.

I don't want to take anything away from other manufacturer's stuff, or diss anybody else's tastes (we're all artists here, right?), but Wuhan is THE China cymbal. Most everything else is a China-like effects cymbal. I don't dislike other cymbals classified as being "Chinese and actually really like some, but you wouldn't call a burrito made in Japan authentic Mexican food would you? It might taste really good, but it ain't Mexican.

Semantics aside, you can't beat the price for such a great sounding piece of equipment. As others have said, you just have to find the one with a voice you like, as no two are the same. I've had 20 and 22" Wuhans in the past (the 22" still sounded great with a big chunk broken off on one side), and now have 12 and 18" chinas. I could take or leave the sound of the 12", but absolutely love the 18".

User Info Menu

I'm also on record in other threads as a fan of Wuhan cymbals. I have an 18" china 18" in S series crash two 16" S series crash's they sound very differant, and a 10" splash. I think I spent $250 US in total. I've been playing them for over a year now with no damage to them. IMO best sound and quality you can get for the price.

User Info Menu

I'm not a china guy, but I have 8 and 10" splashes and absolutely LOVE them. The 8 is 10 years old and still performing like a champ. They make a really nice set and are both under $40. I have heard really good things about their New Traditional line, but got stiffed by an online seller when trying to get a set.

User Info Menu

I use a full set of the new traditionals. I love them. I've owned A's, K's, HH's, HHX's, AAX's, Signatures, etc in the past and these are right there with them. The previous Wuhan lines always had an oriental overtone to them but these are true Western style cymbals that are hand hammered B20 bronze in brilliant finish. I purchased a set of 14 hats, 16 crash, 18 crash, 20 ride, 8 splash, 10 splash and I think the total combined was under $250. Nothing else comes close to that price point.
    Kits
    DW Performance(white marine): 8x7/10x8/12x9/16x14/22x18
    Mapex Saturn III(transparent walnut): 10x8/12x9/16x16/22x18/14x5.5

Snares
    Pork Pie 14x7 Cherry/Bubinga
    Pork Pie 14x6.5 Big Black Bob
    Mapex Saturn 14x5.5 Maple/Walnut
    Homemade 14x5.5 Maple(10 ply Keller)

Cymbals
    Sabian
    14" AA regular hats
    10" AAX splash