Thread: Sabian AA metal X splash

User Info Menu

Default Sabian AA metal X splash

i've looked and i've saved i almost have enough for this cymbal.
    but if there's another splash with equal if not better quality please let me know.

User Info Menu

all depends on the sound your after, as far as quality...it an upper line sabian, so i would say it is as good of quality as you can get.

User Info Menu

sweet,
    um does anyone own one?

User Info Menu

I have one a 12" or 10" I can't remember I have to admit I do not even use it. it just sits in the corner. It's a good splash I just got tired of lugging it around and rarely used it.
    Sonor Delite birdeye Azure
    Tama HP-900 PTW-C
    Tama HH905 High Hat stand
    Sabian metal X HH,Ride
    Bosphorous 16/18 crash
    sabian 19" China
    http://www.myspace.com/hollywoodinseptember

User Info Menu

anyone else?

User Info Menu

I dont suggest you get a splash if you dont have a decent crash or ride first, what do you have crash ride and hat wise?

User Info Menu

Mmm yeah I have an AA splash and I really don't have much of a use for it. It's cool to have an effect cymbal but I regret spending $$ on a splash instead of upgrading my other, more often used, cymbals.

User Info Menu

I have a B8 pro ride and stock crashes and hats
    but i was thinking about using that splash in place of a crash to make a unique sound.

User Info Menu

no, trust me, your gonna want something that just dont sound like nice crumbling of tin foil, save up a little longer and pick up a nice 16 inch crash, then work on your ride and hats, as those are the most important cymbals on the set

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    no, trust me, your gonna want something that just dont sound like nice crumbling of tin foil, save up a little longer and pick up a nice 16 inch crash, then work on your ride and hats, as those are the most important cymbals on the set

I definitely concur, splashes seem cool they are much more useful in certain types of music. My personal opinion is they are pretty much useless trash for rock, hard rock ect. Much more use for jazz or blues. I'm not sure what type of music you play but metal X would leave me to believe it rock, you got to get your crashes in order first.
    Sonor Delite birdeye Azure
    Tama HP-900 PTW-C
    Tama HH905 High Hat stand
    Sabian metal X HH,Ride
    Bosphorous 16/18 crash
    sabian 19" China
    http://www.myspace.com/hollywoodinseptember

User Info Menu

I dunno. If ya got it and you play right. You could incorporate it into your sounds. Its all about being individual. But i definatly would get decent crashes and ride set up first
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

maybe
    i just wanna be innovative and that's what i do.

User Info Menu

I have a Metal X Ride not a splash of course but same series, nice and sturdy and wont break

I would buy it if i had the oppurtunity.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

what about paiste?

User Info Menu

i like paiste too.... paiste make good metal cymbols if thats the style you play.... The ug what they called........ There is the rude series (joey J) the customs i aint really heard..... and the more basic ones are alright really really sturdy....
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

paiste is made in a diffrent way than sabian and zildjian, giving them a diffrent sound curve kinda thing, often used by a lot of classic rockstars and some newer rockers, i dont think ive seen many jazz musicians with paiste

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian AA metal X splash

i might get the 10" one