Thread: Tongue Rings?

User Info Menu

Default Tongue Rings?

I want to get your opinions on tongue rings?

I'm not talking about letting your kids get them or anything like that, just tongue rings in general. What are your thoughts.

User Info Menu

Nasty. Retarded. Stupid. No class. Ugly.

User Info Menu

DC, what I told my children was that when it came to tatoos and piercings, they should remember that employers tend to be of the previous generation, and that generation generally doesn't understand tatooing and piercing. For that reason, it could restrict their opportunities in life. The choice will ultimately be their's, but I want them to consider carefully what they did. BTW, my daughter has a tongue piercing and a tatoo, and my son, the Marine, is considering getting a tatoo while he is out on his first tour of duty.

Not my choice for them, but then we each make our own decisions in life and then we live with them. My daughter and her husband (a Marine) are expecting their first child in August. It will be interesting to see how my daughter counsels HER children. I may not look so stupid very soon!

User Info Menu

I'm asking this because I've recently heard that men think that tongue rings are sexy (Christian and non-Christian men). So I figured I'd ask you all what you thought.......... Not that I want to get one, I'm just interested to find out what men "really" think of them, again, not talking about children. Just what men think of women with tongue rings.........

User Info Menu

Tongue rings and all tattoos and piercings are all just personal preference. I know people with tattoos and piercings doesnt matter to me, they are the same person on the inside no matter what is on the outside. I myself are planning on getting a tattoo when i turn 18(i dont think i want any piercings though) I think its all personal preference DC tongue rings are "sexy" to me but they arent ugly either they are just there.

User Info Menu

I girl in my class has one. Its kinda sexy but also kinda gross IMO.

User Info Menu

Don't care for them. It's distracting more than anything.
    Isn't it hard to eat with those things in? LOL

User Info Menu

I work with a girl that has one and she said she doesn't even know it's there......

User Info Menu

I know some people who have them who constantly play with them, by pushing them back and forth against their teeth. Totally annoying and distracting. I know others who have them who don't mess with them and I don't care. Just that messing around with them makes me nuts.

User Info Menu

Cool Tongue rings?

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    I'm asking this because I've recently heard that men think that tongue rings are sexy (Christian and non-Christian men). So I figured I'd ask you all what you thought.......... Not that I want to get one, I'm just interested to find out what men "really" think of them, again, not talking about children. Just what men think of women with tongue rings.........
    My older daughter wears a stud in her tongue; I realize some people think they're cool, but THIS man doesn't. (And drummina, she does what you've described in your post!...ugh...)Seems to me it would be hard to keep a tongue stud clean, much less a ring--not to mention it would be a hazard to your teeth...

I'd rather pull an Ed Bradley and wear a single earring than wear one on my tongue... (Ed Bradley, the "60 Minutes" correspondent, wore a diamond stud in his LEFT ear only)...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I think they just get in the way hahaha
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Don't really care much for tongue rings. Some people can pull them off, and some can't.

I'd rather see a girl with no extra holes in her head though.

HB58

p.s. I'm back!
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

yee HB58 i was wondering where you were

no preference on tongue rings

like HB58 some can pull them off some can't, if you can pull it off power to you.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

I don't know about tongue rings, but I'll probably end up getting a tattoo in my life at some point.
    Some tattoos are really beautiful, and some represent who you are. My Spanish Teacher has like eight tattoos of butterflies and stuff, and they really look nice.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    I work with a girl that has one and she said she doesn't even know it's there......
    Lol get one and you will know its ther..... for the first two weeks anyways.

But what happens if it gets infected. You get your tongue removed.... Dpoesnt sound so great now though ey :P (not much chance of happening but still could, with any peircings)

Im getting some tattoo's designed up. Soon as i have the money :> Ill post them when i do have them done :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cool Tongue Rings?

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    ....Some people can pull them off, and some can't.

Good joke, mate!

Speaking of employer/employees, we once had a sales rep who was probably in his mid/late 20s; dude was not only tattooed, but also wore nipple rings. I'm tellin' ya, I'm not sure what image he projected for the radio station, but I do know he didn't stay with us too long...he left before we could even think of firing him...he said the job was too boring...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Lol one of the "oldies" stations aroudn here have a brekie show with TJ. I met him when recording an add. He is 20 odd. Tats and piercings. Mowhawke and all these oldies just think he is a sweet heart. LOL!
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters