Thread: The Oh Noooo! Moment

User Info Menu

Default The Oh Noooo! Moment

So last night i was letting my 6 month old have a bang on my bongos and the unthinkable happened.... baby vomit all over...

I cleaned it up pretty good though....

Has anyone else had an Oh Nooo Moment?

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Oh Noooo! Moment

At one of the drumlines I taught, about 5 minutes before we were going on the field on a Friday night show, I had a student throw a mallet to our bass 5. It split the drum head. Thankfully we were at home that night. I had a parent run to the bandroom and get a new head. It was totally out of tune, but playable.

The whole line had a collective "Oh Noooo!"

Tan

Larrysperf Guest

Almost every day in shout lol ohhhhhhhhh nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo LOL

User Info Menu

When we were setting up for our last gig my bassist was walking by and he accidentally knocked over my crash stand with the crash on it. I was sure it would be cracked or warped but luckily nothing happened to it.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Latest one happened Thursday. We were playing an outdoor venue (just about to begin) and it was around 5:00 in the evening. A large "dust devil" came through the area and scored a direct hit on the patio/stage area.. It knocked over all of our mic stands,.....blew everything around and made a dusty mess of everything. We only had a second or two to prepare because it came sweeping through from behind a building...but there was really no time to do anything except hunker down and close your eyes.

If you've never seen a dust devil.....they are like small mini tornadoes and basically sand blast you for a few seconds.

Here's a local video of a dust devil in Phoenix. http://youtu.be/ifjvOmGN3rs
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

We have dust devils in Australia.... we call them "willie willie's" ... go figure

User Info Menu

I raised 2 kids, so I've got quite a few "oh no" moments. They may not involve drums, but they sure were "oh no" moments. Like when I was on the second floor of our home when I heard my daughter calling for me. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find her. Then I realized that I was hearing her through the open window. I looked outside and there she was at the top of a tree. Then she said she was afraid and couldn't hang on much longer - OH NO!! - I ran outside and was up the tree without even thinking about whether the branches could hold my weight. I put her on my back with her arms around my neck, and she practically strangled me on the way down. Just one of the memories that I will vividly carry for life.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

A friend of mine wanted to play my drums and when he went to step around them he slipped and landed right on top of my floor tom and folded one of the legs up pretty good.He felt really bad and straightened it amazingly well.I told him not to worry,it was just an accident,but the missing chrome was a drag.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I raised 2 kids, so I've got quite a few "oh no" moments. They may not involve drums, but they sure were "oh no" moments.
    My "oh no" moment was immediately after my "I do" moment....

All kidding aside, as the father of two daughters, PB... I sympathize. I also have a son so "oh no" is a family mantra. LOL!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayBrone007 View Post
    We have dust devils in Australia.... we call them "willie willie's" ... go figure
    Willy-Willy's.....lol, ain't heard that word for a while, only another Aussie knows that one!

Yeah, here's an "Oh nooooo" moment. Cover band I was in well over a decade and a bit ago was playing a bit of a rough-house pub about say 10 mins drive from home, called The Tollgate Hotel. It has a bit of notoriety with bikies rocking up...hey, I have no probs with most bikies, but there are a few bad apples spoiling the cart in any group. So anyway, midway though the set, as I'm playing, I look up to see right at the back of the venue someone raising a big glass jug of water up and then all of a sudden, as me and the lead guitarist were looking aghast, it came crashing down on someone.....BIG YIKES!! So yes, as you can imagine, a nasty fight's broken out and if we didn't do something fast, it would spill straight over to our way. Fortunate thing, had one of my drum buds with me, the whole band and one of the bar staff were just scrambling to get our gear right outta the side door just metres to our right, unplugging amps, shifting cymbal stands and whole sections of the kit away before we'd be harmed in any way.....the cops were right on their way to stop the fight, but it was like the Wild West, jeez! Had no choice but to disassemble the drum kit in the car park area....there were cops and ambulance staff everywhere, sirens going off. Bloody awful. Wouldn't wish it on anyone's gig.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post

All kidding aside, as the father of two daughters, PB... I sympathize. I also have a son so "oh no" is a family mantra. LOL!

Hahaha, welcome to father-hood where those moments never really just go away.

I too have had my share but thankfully not with the drums.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by larrysperf View Post
    almost every day in shout lol ohhhhhhhhh nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo lol
    +1
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Hahaha, welcome to father-hood where those moments never really just go away.

I too have had my share but thankfully not with the drums.

With two young kids, I'm worried that the worst is still to come for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JayBrone007 View Post
    With two young kids, I'm worried that the worst is still to come for me.
    Your biggest worry right now should be to enjoy them before theyre all grown up! Take lots of pics because it happens too fast!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Very true! Cheers mate