Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DamageDrummer and late8 Team Up

User Info Menu

Default Re: DamageDrummer and late8 Team Up

A few more ideas acoustic vs. e-kit:

User Info Menu

very nice rich, you are truly gifted in the world of knowledge and setup. its awesome to have someone like you to work with.

am i counting 7 pedals on that setup?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    very nice rich, you are truly gifted in the world of knowledge and setup. its awesome to have someone like you to work with.

am i counting 7 pedals on that setup?
    Thanks Jerry! Can't wait to share some ideas with you....it's going to be fun!

User Info Menu

Late, thats a wild set up with that rack, brother!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post

Wow,now that is the best of both worldsWish you were my neighbor LateGreat thing you guy's got going here,keep us posted and look forward to seeing you guy's swing through chi town.
    Proudly playing
    TAMA Superstar Accel-Driver 5 piece
    Ddrum Dominion Maple 13x7 snare
    Remo Roto Tom's 6,8,10

Paiste 3000 14 Rude hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections medium 13 hat's
    Paiste 2000 sound reflections 14 thin crash
    Paiste Alpha 16 medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 18 Medium crash
    Paiste Alpha 20 power ride
    Wuhan 12/18 china's

User Info Menu

Thanks skimp241! We appreciate the support! You guys in Chi-town Rock!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    yeah man your right, you know your nightclubs! if my info is correct and my facts are straight, eric rushing bought the entire club. he is a very good friend of ours, we have been working with him in this town for over 15 years while he has co-owner of the boardwalk. yeah it used to be the empire events center. im pretty sure they added onto the stage, soundsystem and bars.

4 bars in this particular club. 3 alcohol bars and 1 soda and juice bar including a upstairs VIP bar.

everyone is very impressed with the club except the lead singer of HED-PE that i just heard stopped his show early because he wanted to mingle with the crowd, when he got to the bar, they kicked everyone out of the club at 11:00- as i heard, he was not happy at all. im not sure why they had to end at 11, maybe some kind of city ordinance in that area.
    i only heard from the grapevine that eric left the boardwalk on a bad note, no idea why. but my band and im sure others, were afraid business goin really bad for the boardwalk, since eric was usually the one booking the national acts for that place. ......i forget what my point was lol, but damn i had no idea that he was co owner of boardwalk and bought out that nightclub downtown. Crazy.

that death angel show we played with you guys was our 2nd show with our new singer. So him and us are kinda melding together really well. If you guys ever play a show here in town again and need an opener or something let us know! He actually knows Juan from Trident Studios really well, so were gonna try and get out there late summer and record an ep, cuz currently we have barely any recorded material. Finally gettin our stuff together lol.
    12x5 Pork Pie Lil Squeeler Snare
    Ddrum Reflex
    22x20 kick
    10x7 rack tom
    12x8 rack tom
    16x14 floor tom

14" Sabian B8 Hi Hats
    17" Alpha Metal Crash
    19" Alpha Metal Crash
    20" B8 Ride

Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal w/red offset cam

www.facebook.com/thebattleofmidway

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drmn4life View Post
    i only heard from the grapevine that eric left the boardwalk on a bad note, no idea why. but my band and im sure others, were afraid business goin really bad for the boardwalk, since eric was usually the one booking the national acts for that place. ......i forget what my point was lol, but damn i had no idea that he was co owner of boardwalk and bought out that nightclub downtown. Crazy.

that death angel show we played with you guys was our 2nd show with our new singer. So him and us are kinda melding together really well. If you guys ever play a show here in town again and need an opener or something let us know! He actually knows Juan from Trident Studios really well, so were gonna try and get out there late summer and record an ep, cuz currently we have barely any recorded material. Finally gettin our stuff together lol.
    yeah i never heard why that all went down with the boardwalk and stuff. i know we still play there and have shows booked.

very cool about your new singer, i had no idea. thats good that you guys are sounding good together. im sure that wasnt the last time we will ever play with you guys, we have a show on may 7th at the fire escape that im surprised you guys arent on.

User Info Menu

i will look into the fire escape!! definetely!
    Ddrum Reflex
    22x20 kick
    10x7 rack tom
    12x8 rack tom
    16x14 floor tom

14" Sabian B8 Hi Hats
    17" Alpha Metal Crash
    19" Alpha Metal Crash
    20" B8 Ride

User Info Menu

friggin bass player has an orchestra performance that night out in Davis. cant make that one unfortunately DD.
    Last edited by drmn4life; 04-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Ddrum Reflex
    22x20 kick
    10x7 rack tom
    12x8 rack tom
    16x14 floor tom

14" Sabian B8 Hi Hats
    17" Alpha Metal Crash
    19" Alpha Metal Crash
    20" B8 Ride

User Info Menu

you guys are a inspiration for me

keep up the good work

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drmn4life View Post
    friggin bass player has an orchestra performance that night out in David. cant make that one unfortunately DD.
    its all good man, whenever you guys are looking to get onto one of our shows hit me up and i will hit up our management and see if we can get you guys a slot. we have alot of shows booked right now for the spring and summer season which picks up a bit right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post

keep up the good work
    thank you itchie, that means everything dude- if i knew i wasnt inspiring people, then it would be pointless for me to continue. i love to entertain, so when people ask me for autographs and tell me they love my stuff, it makes my job worth while. it kills me how some movie stars you see will get mad when someone asks them for an autograph. for me its acknowledging your fans- without them we wouldn't be doing any of this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post

keep up the good work
    Thanks itchie! That means alot!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    That is so cool!The only thing better would be for all of DC to get together for a jam!
    Yeah!!! A DrumChat Festival!
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Must have been one exciting hectic day for everybody, but I'm sure worth every minute of it. Pics and video are awesome. I'm so jealous !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    Must have been one exciting hectic day for everybody, but I'm sure worth every minute of it. Pics and video are awesome. I'm so jealous !!!!
    Hi Spiderjig! Thanks for stopping by the thread! It was pretty hectic alright. We had less than 10 minutes to get on and off the stage. The amount of gear we brought fit nicely in this trailer and included Jerry's DWs and my rack which was big enough to hold his 5pc. kit plus 5 cymbals.

But due to the amount of Mushroomhead's equipment, we were only allowed to bring up guitar amp heads, keyboard and keyboard stand, sample effect rack, guitars, snare drum, pedals and cymbals. What you see below in this pic is the extent of the gear we had to hussle on and off the stage. After the band was done, we had to haul the gear through the front door passed the incoming crowd that was streaming in to catch the rest of the sold out show.

Parking in front of the club was out of the question due to the two large touring buses that the bands arrived in so the trek back and forth from the trailer became a routine by the end of the night.

Last edited by late8; 04-24-2011 at 12:18 AM.

User Info Menu

The bass drums on Mushroomheads kit were triggered. Before the sound check, the drum tech was hitting them with no amplification and the sound they emitted did not resemble drums at all. The reso head had an awesome design. One that I've never seen before and the black powder coat finish on the rack was a cool touch.

One of the singers in one of the warm up bands used this as a mic stand.

Both of Jerry's Alpha chinas are sonically matched and they went well with my Rudes.

The crowd was really into the show considering Damage Over Time was the second band to play. I was impressed with the amount of fans that were chanting for them to play one more song when their set ended!

Last edited by late8; 04-24-2011 at 12:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Yea, this is really neat. I had no idea you guys were doing all that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Late, thats a wild set up with that rack, brother!
    Thanks Marko! It was a lot of fun putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Yea, this is really neat. I had no idea you guys were doing all that.
    Thanks drummer! This is my 1st DC member that I've met and it's turning out to be a life long friendship with Jerry and the rest of the band and crew! Just can't wait to meet more members from here to continue the trend!
    Last edited by late8; 04-25-2011 at 01:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Those 2 drum set ups are pretty cool. The first one is really wild and the second is cool and very clean.

It's a lot of hard work, it must be so cool when you see it all come together and the crowd having a good time.

Pearl Session Series 5 pc Drum Set
    Paiste 14" 502 hi hats, 16" 502 crash, 18" 2002 medium crash, 20" 502 ride, 10" PST5 splash, 8" 2002 chime
    LP Cowbell, 6" Toca tambourine

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

You can't have too many Paiste 2oo2's... that's always been my policy. - Dave Wilson

Back from a Dr. appointment. I'm still kickin' I WIN - Bish

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LL70 View Post
    Those 2 drum set ups are pretty cool. The first one is really wild and the second is cool and very clean.

It's a lot of hard work, it must be so cool when you see it all come together and the crowd having a good time.
    Hi LL70! Thanks again! I'm hoping for a bit more time for the upcoming show on the 7th of May to finally set up Jerry's kit. Although we were a bit dissapointed that we didn't get a chance at this last show to use the gear, under the circumstances we faced that night, I'm glad we had a limited amount of gear to handle. The line to exit the club came to a standstill as we waited in line with gear in our hands and roll around racks to push through the crowd. It was packed and for an instant, I tried to imagine what it would be like to try and flee under a threat of a fire

User Info Menu

Wow... What an honour! That is one tight ship that you are running. The fact that you guys are working together is pretty awesome; this site is really cool! (running out of synonyms for "nice" - what a lovely site indeed)

What are the chances of me ever finding anyone to work with on here? Any South Africans around?? :D
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post

PWOAAARRRRR DROOOOOOOLLLL (lapping up saliva..)
    I LOVE YOUR SETUP :D (putting it mildly)

Ok I'll shut up now hehe
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Kids....
    Ya make my heart smile,,,,
    drummers unite!!!!
    Inspire & you will be inspired....

Ya'll done did my signature proud,,,
    feel da groove & play it foward...
    Waaahoooo!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

hey thanks for all of your nice comments everyone.

man, rich takes some super good pictures, it really gives everyone a good splash of what a normal saturday night for me is like. we all live our lives around the band and make the best of it! this is the real deal folks, no playing around here, those tour busses you see in the picture are usually parked right next to our trailer. in the summertime, these backstage, pre-show and after show parties always include a bar-b-q, ping pong, water cannons, motor scooters, and any other fun toys you can imagine these people bring on their year long tours. this is the only time they ever get out! they are on the road the rest of the time.

we have been playing with bands of this caliber now for about 4 years. in that time our rap list of opening for international acts has gotten very long. some of these bands include Soulfly, Adema, Powerman 5000, Dope, Otep, American head charge, janes addiction, flaw, and many more (just ask!)

it is fun, but its also alot of work just so you can be on stage for an hour or less! but when i set foot on that stage, for that hour or less, i am completely free. any problems or issues that are in my mind just seem to leave, and all i can think about is the music and the crowd. those kind of feelings are what has driven all of us to keep going and be what we are today.
    Last edited by DamageDrummer; 04-24-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: horrrrible spelling and wording (my goodness!)