Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saluda Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Saluda Cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Can I get a sticky on this thread? It's generated enough interest I think...
    +1! I wonder why it hasn't been up till now? Saluda is starting to hit a major buzz point, and demonstrating a notable force in the cymbal world. I'm glad to see them stepping out of the unknown and into the light.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    +1! I wonder why it hasn't been up till now? Saluda is starting to hit a major buzz point, and demonstrating a notable force in the cymbal world. I'm glad to see them stepping out of the unknown and into the light.
    My official list of instruments to leave near the front door in case the house catches fire has been updated to include the Saluda bag

User Info Menu

Nice collection Shane. I've still been too busy to ship my ZHT's out, but I'm hope from work because of a leak, and if the repair guy gets here in time, I'm off to UPS to send them out!

Like you I gave him guidelines, rather than say I wanted something that sounded just like brand X. So hopefully it will work out. Not much outlay on my part since I'm trading, and since I don't like the ZHT's (they were on my practice kit) worth the risk!!!

I promise pics when I finally get them.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Nice collection Shane. I've still been too busy to ship my ZHT's out, but I'm hope from work because of a leak, and if the repair guy gets here in time, I'm off to UPS to send them out!

Like you I gave him guidelines, rather than say I wanted something that sounded just like brand X. So hopefully it will work out. Not much outlay on my part since I'm trading, and since I don't like the ZHT's (they were on my practice kit) worth the risk!!!

I promise pics when I finally get them.
    Thanks bro. You should be happy with whatever you get, especially replacing sheet metal cymbals with a cast and lathed ones.

FYI to all that may have missed it - I have 3 sound sample videos of these cymbals here:

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...d=1#post396608

User Info Menu

On the site it says you can trade in gear... are the prices very reasonable to you guys for trade ins? Anyone done it before?
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    On the site it says you can trade in gear... are the prices very reasonable to you guys for trade ins? Anyone done it before?
    I have made 2 trades for all the cymbals I have now. He offered me about 80% of what the stuff I sent him ultimately got on ebay, which is completely fair in my book. There is more hassle selling online than I'm willing to go through when I can trade for quality stuff I will use on a regular basis.

User Info Menu

I agree with Shane, the hassle of online selling compounded with the fact that you will not even get close to half, makes trading in worth it, if you want Saluda cymbals, which in my book is worthwhile.

User Info Menu

Any idea what they do with the gear you trade? Resell it, I'd imagine?

User Info Menu

They sell it on Ebay.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

O.K. I just checked out their site. These things look killer! And the price! They are like HALF as expensive as I expected, compared to A Customs and K's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGoRound View Post
    O.K. I just checked out their site. These things look killer! And the price! They are like HALF as expensive as I expected, compared to A Customs and K's.
    I have a set of 3 A Custom crashes, a K Hybrid ride, and a set of HHX hats that are sitting in the bag because I have a set of Saludas on my kit. Looks and sound are a hit.

User Info Menu

I have made 2 trades for all the cymbals I have now. He offered me about 80% of what the stuff I sent him ultimately got on ebay, which is completely fair in my book. There is more hassle selling online than I'm willing to go through when I can trade for quality stuff I will use on a regular basis.
    That sounds pretty good actually.. Heck, if I took it to a pawn shop or a guitar center the most they'd give is 1/5th of total value. I heard they stopped making drums, but a quick search at their partner site confirmed they still do. I do wish they offered birch or acrylic shells, but ah nobody's perfect I guess. Seriously though, why won't anyone stock keller birch?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

They just moved to a new facility, and part of the reason was so they could do drum making again. Im sure in time they may do different materials and such with the drums, but I think right now cymbal making is their focus.

User Info Menu

I have a set of 3 A Custom crashes, a K Hybrid ride, and a set of HHX hats that are sitting in the bag because I have a set of Saludas on my kit. Looks and sound are a hit.
    I would be more than happy to give those Crashes a comfy home and put them to use. I used to have 3 A customs. 15, 16, and 18. The only one left is the 18, and it is lonely.

User Info Menu

How long does it usually take Jamie to get the cymbal made and shipped? I sent in my cymbals last week. Will they call me when they're ready??

User Info Menu

A few weeks depending on demand. You should get an email saying that the package has beem shipped.

User Info Menu

Well...............I've sent an email and left a phone message. I'm not going to beg someone to take my money.

User Info Menu

To be fair, I did finally get an email back from them.

User Info Menu

Jamie definitely does high quality work, but keeping hyper in touch like many of us are used to isn't a strong suit. Count on him being in touch about once every 3 or 4 days. My first trade took 6 weeks front to back, and my second took about 2 1/2 weeks. In the end everything will get done, but you may not be up to date on the progress all the time. That's about the only downfall to getting cymbals made specifically for you, which I think is fair enough. Enjoy your new instruments!

User Info Menu

My ride is on it's way. CANT WAIT

User Info Menu

Pics when it gets there!!!!!

User Info Menu

Just got off the phone with Jamie. Ordered the following:

Glory Series

20" Medium Ride
    16" Medium Dark Crash
    15" Medium Dark Crash
    18" Medium Dark Crash
    8" Thin Splash

Yippeeeee!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Just got off the phone with Jamie. Ordered the following:

Glory Series

20" Medium Ride
    16" Medium Dark Crash
    15" Medium Dark Crash
    18" Medium Dark Crash
    8" Thin Splash

Yippeeeee!!!!!!
    Awesome! I love my Glory stuff. The look is different but still classy.

User Info Menu

I very much like the unique look. The sound is great more importantly.

User Info Menu

The Glory series is a versatile one, proven very well by Shane. You should enjoy them, and remember he will tweak them to your liking if you are not satisfied.