Thread: Premier Artist maple

User Info Menu

Default Premier Artist maple

My brother has just bought a Premier Artist maple kit (12/13/16/22/14sn) second hand for approx. £275 and I was wondering if anyone has played them or knows anything about them- I heard they were really a starter kit but being Premier and all Maple they should be good yeah? Havent heard them yet but he says the sound is excellent so thats what matters in the end anyway.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Premier Artist maple

I am not versed in Premier drums at all but the name and the fact that they are maple is 2 points to the good.

Pat him on the back for what sounds like a good score!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

If thats what some call a starter, then let me have 'em.

Nice drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Philcaz0191 View Post
    My brother has just bought a Premier Artist maple kit (12/13/16/22/14sn) second hand for approx. £275 and I was wondering if anyone has played them or knows anything about them- I heard they were really a starter kit but being Premier and all Maple they should be good yeah? Havent heard them yet but he says the sound is excellent so thats what matters in the end anyway.
    Maple is a great wood, nice and warm, especially when the heads are tuned just right. The hardware should be fine, if the kit has been looked after, I suppose. I forgot what the pound to $Aus is, but 275 pounds sounds like a good deal over there I guess!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I agree with bish maple and premier go hand in hand so you can't go wrong for that price. I think the british pound is worth 1.50+ american I could be wrong so if your brother paid 250 pounds that is around 400- 450 American which isn't bad price for a kit I guess.

User Info Menu

The Artist Maple was not a starter kit by any means they were well made and sound great i recently sold my one 24",16" and 13" for £350..Your brother got a very good deal.
    "PLAY IT LOUD AND PLAY IT PROUD":