Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kit on the Way II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Then music123 need to teach MF and GC a thing about customer service, cause hands down music123 beats them by a long shot.
    Preach it, brother!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Preach it, brother!
    LOL

User Info Menu

Hey guys, like drummer said, they are all the same company. It's not going to matter which one you decide to do business with because all the money made by all 3 businesses goes into the same wallet.

On a side note: I work for a very large retail company (2500+ stores nationwide) and 99 out of 100 people will have a good shopping experience and never say a word about while 1 person out of 100 has a bad experience and makes sure the other 99 know about it. Most of the time this bad experience has nothing to do with and was not caused by the people that work for that company. I have been at my job for 5 years and have had 3 complaints in that time: 2 were caused by the vendors that sell to my company and 1 caused by shipping damage. They had nothing to do with myself or anybody that works at my company. People that work retail know exactly where I'm coming from.

There are a lot of people out there that really love their job and will bend over backwards to do anything to help you out and earn your business. It makes them feel good to know that they did everything they could to make you happy. Unfortunatly, there are just as many people that are only there to work their 40 hour week and collect a paycheck. These are the people that create a lot of the problems because they don't care and it's the good people that take the brunt of the persecution because they are the ones trying to help make things better.

I have shopped at GC, MF, and Music123 and have come across both types of people at all three. The trick is, if you want to have a good experience every time you shop with them, remember the person that helped you the most and always go back to that person when you want to do business again. Building a good relationship with the people that care will ensure that you will have a good shopping experience.

Sorry, I had to rant a little.

ok, I'm done. (had a bad day. can you tell?)

Pastor Bob, I hope you get the rest of your kit and everything works out well. You deserve to have the kit you want and I hope you get that giddy feeling inside when you sit down to play your own kit for the first time like I did!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Its not like that down here. We have one major and one minor music store in albany (60kms away) and the major one will make you feel like dung! I went in to buy guitar strings. They didnt have the guage i wanted and sujjested another brand and i said no coz they were cheaply made and snapped to easy and started raving about how i was stringing them wrong. When my friend put his guitar in (which is another conundrum) he got it back with the cheap strings )Which he didnt ask for he asked for dean markleys and they snapped on our first jam. not to mention they didnt smile or say hi how you going etc etc. They have the monopoly down here and they know it. Im gonna start a new thread :P
    Last edited by Stevo42w; 06-03-2007 at 11:32 AM.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to feel my pain (like there really aren't worse problems in this ol' world - perspective, Bob, perspective). 1DB, I agree with you, and when I dealt with the customer service people I made sure that the person that I spoke with understood that I was in no way mad at them personally; I was only frustrated by the situation. I know that the individual customer service agents did the best that they could and that my real problem was with a department that I could not talk to. My real problem was with the CS supervisors that wouldn't take time to speak with me, but were obviously blowing me off. I think that's the worst kind of customer service. They simply wouldn't work with me to resolve the situation.

BTW, when I was in practice as a chiropractor, I did everything I could to do the extra little things to make my patient's happy. Conventional wisdom is that happy people will tell 3 people about you, while unhappy people will tell 10 (something to remember as gigging professionals - always do your best to make your bandmates happy because it will do wonders for your reputation).

I agree that some people go to work just to collect a paycheck, but then these people should be identified. Not that they should be fired, but they should work in less sensitive areas of the company. Good customer service people will always be critical to a company's success.
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 06-01-2007 at 08:03 AM.

User Info Menu

Its always hard making people aware of that. I use to work in a general store and my boss never made a habit of making sure the out of date stuff was thrown out or reclaimed. She always credited it but never made sure it was off the shelf. And i was always the one that would cop it. I had nothing to do with the fridge sections of the store just the general groceries. IT sucks so its good to make that point clear. I always liked people making it obvious to me.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I was reading something somewhere about that. Wasn't sure if it was true or not. But now that I've heard it from another source (not to mention the fact that the source was Drummer, our SUPER moderator - BTW, is that like Wile E. Coyote SUUUPER GENIUS?) I guess it must be true. Too weird!
    Super Genious? lol,... yea right!

The truth is that I don't really care who the parent company is. If I am buying a Chevrolet, or a Cadillac, I don't really care that they're both owned by GM. I expect each company under the parent company to take care of their customers. If Guitar Center owns all these companies, then they need to pay closer attention because the individual companies have some problems.
    I feel the same way. That's why I said I just laugh, because you would think GC would govern evenly. Oh well...

User Info Menu

Things are slipping today. People just goto work for the money. When service it what people want. I think if bosses promote or pay people with good service better then more people would do it.

Ive always been happy and aproachable when i work. I like my new job coz i dont have to do that as often and if i am in a poopy i can just be grumpy. But if i had to deal with a customer i would put the effort in.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    But if i had to deal with a customer i would put the effort in.
    There it is! No matter whether today might be my "I'm just here for the paycheck" day, when dealing with other people they deserve enough of my respect for me to put in the effort required. I can always go back to just picking up my paycheck later.

It's amazing, though, how when we put in the extra effort to be helpful to others, our day seem s to start going better. When I saw patients if they asked me how I was doing, I would always say fantastic! One of my patients asked me one time if I really was fantastic all the time. I said, "No, but if I say it throughout the day, it's amazing how fantastic I feel by the end of a day." I truly believe that, and try to live it.

With that in mind, when anyone asks me how my drumming is coming, I'll just tell them fantastic! That'll make me a better drummer by the end of the day, right? Right? Hmmmm . . . maybe I'll have to rethink this just a bit.

User Info Menu

it will make u think ur better so you will feel good atthe end of the day. there are talks these days about this. Its a proven fact. Everyone should watch what the bleep do we know its well worth it
    the first one tho not further down the rabit hole :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your troubles Bob. How frustrating.

Well I was pretty lucky and all 4 packages are sitting in my garage.

My wife who is leaving on a business trip pulled into our driveway and saw the yellow slip hanging from the door. Just then, the UPS guy pulled up and said he saw her pull in and came back to unload.

My daughter has her first lesson tomorrow and so for now we are just going to unpack the snare. I'm just afraid of messing something up..I'm such a noob.

BTW I ordered my set from www.drumworld.com

I did order my Meinl MCS Cymbal Pack from musiciansfriend and had no trouble with those.

Anyway, good luck Bob.

Hope it all get's taken care of.

User Info Menu

well, this is the day the rest of the Gretsch drum order should arrive. I have to admit that I'm kind of ho hum about it. Probably just in case something else goes wrong. Don't want to be going up and down again. I'll let all my DrumChat buddies know what happens when it gets here. Hope you're all having a great day! And remember, no matter what happens, all is good in the end!

User Info Menu

well, this is the day the rest of the Gretsch drum order should arrive. I have to admit that I'm kind of ho hum about it. Probably just in case something else goes wrong. Don't want to be going up and down again. I'll let all my DrumChat buddies know what happens when it gets here. Hope you're all having a great day! And remember, no matter what happens, all is good in the end!
    i have my fingers AND toes crossed for you Pastor!! come on drums! GO TO BOB!!!!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Well my luck ran out. I opened my drums and the snare has what appears to be a manufacturing flaw in the finish and the bass looked like someone hit it with a hammer.

No damage to the box however.

I contacted Drum World and they said they are getting hold of Gretsch to see if I can get the replacements directly from them.

- Craig

User Info Menu

Must have worked, RJF. I got them this morning, and it looks like everything is here now! I even go a call from Musician's Friend management to follow up on whether they were delivered, and asking if everything was as it should be now. They even credited my account to the tune of $50.00 (I believe that was the amount - someone else took the call for me).

Thanks for all the support through this. And thanks to Musician's Friend for coming through (after a little kick in the pants).

I'll post the pics as soon as I am able. I will say that IMHO the drums are beeaauutifuul!

User Info Menu

Must have worked, RJF. I got them this morning, and it looks like everything is here now! I even go a call from Musician's Friend management to follow up on whether they were delivered, and asking if everything was as it should be now. They even credited my account to the tune of $50.00 (I believe that was the amount - someone else took the call for me).

Thanks for all the support through this. And thanks to Musician's Friend for coming through (after a little kick in the pants).

I'll post the pics as soon as I am able. I will say that IMHO the drums are beeaauutifuul!
    AWESOME, can't wait to see them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazi
    Well my luck ran out. I opened my drums and the snare has what appears to be a manufacturing flaw in the finish and the bass looked like someone hit it with a hammer.

I contacted Drum World and they said they are getting hold of Gretsch to see if I can get the replacements directly from them.

- Craig
    Really sorry to see and hear that Kazi. I dont think that was a manufacturing fault but rather very rough handling in transit. I know you said the box wasnt damaged. Was there sufficient packaging inside the box such as foam and bubble wrap?

This is why I dont trust post and would never buy something like a drum kit and have it delivered by post. Some people just dont care. I would much rather see the drum kit in the shop before buying it. have them open all the boxes and fit the heads to it etc. Well I hope that the exchange goes well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazi

- Craig
    Nothin in the world is more upsetting than waiting for something you are very excited about, then have it show up damaged, I am very sorry, I am sure they will get a replacement out ASAP.

User Info Menu

alright bob, pics already!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    alright bob, pics already!!!!!!!
    Yea what he said lol

User Info Menu

First of all, Kazi, I'm so sorry to see the condition of your drums. What a bummer. I certainly understand what you are going through right now, and I certainly hope that things go very smoothly from here. I wish there was more that I can do to help, but please know that anytime you need to vent, or anytime you want to share the joy of a process moving forward, we're here for you.

As to pics, I've been very busy today, so I'll try to get time to take some pics tomorrow (got to reread the post on how to get the pics in here). I did manage to get the kit set up tonight, and I've got a basic tuning done, so It sounds decent right now.

Again, thanks for all the support, folks. It has meant a lot!
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 06-04-2007 at 11:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey - not only pics- I want some Video of PB running some hard and fast diddles all around his new kit.
    COME ON Bob !!! COME ON !!!!!
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wotto
    Hey - not only pics- I want some Video of PB running some hard and fast diddles all around his new kit.
    COME ON Bob !!! COME ON !!!!!
    I promise to come through with the pics. Don't have a way to do the vid yet. Just in a period of mourning for our bro. Kazi.

User Info Menu

Poor kazi. There is nothing more dissapointing. Again more people not showing the respect of having a job and they ruin it for everone else :( I wouldnt let that put me off buying one online. I would just have to be ready with reemage if they stuffed it. Of course aiming the reemage at the right person.......

Is it tommorow yet PB?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Thanks folks.

It's my 8 year old daughter that is disappointed the most. She just learned to play Back in Black by AC\DC this last weekend and has nothing to practice on.

Her teacher taught her the song and after she had it down he put on "Back in Black" and said ..that's what you learned and her face just lit up. Not her type of music..but it's interesting how you just appreciate music of all types when you start learning an instrument. Anyway, I drove her home to set up her drumset so she could show her brothers and sister what she had learned when we uncovered the damaged bass..

The guys at drumworld have been pretty cool. Gretsch is going to send them replacements which they will send to me with return labels etc and all I need to do is take the replacements out and the damaged ones in and off they go. The sad thing is that it's going to take 8-10 days again.

Yeah.. I might have been better off going to one of the several guitar centers, but I just don't like aggressive salesman and all of them are overly aggressive.