Thread: need to know how to rid of snare buzz

User Info Menu

Default need to know how to rid of snare buzz

Yeah umm, duz anyone know how to keep ur snare from buzzin??!!! I mean i just play w/ it till it stops but then i dont like how my snare sounds so i mean could someone tell.......PLZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

well....is it locked.....

P.S.~When I say Locked...I Mean Look On The Bottom....Is it Locked

User Info Menu

just tighten it as much as u can and then a little trick i like to do is put a strip of duck tape over the wires at the very edge of the drum next to the rim...seems to help alot and then maybe another strip accross the other side if neccessarry..

User Info Menu

Try loosening the two lugs on each side of the snare on the reso head. Or you could try using a overtone ring to sit on top. Then again you could consider buying new snare wires that are of better quality than the stock ones. If you have a standard 20 wire snare, then you could also try cutting off the 4 middle ones to eliminate some of the vibration in the center of the head. I have done this and it does work to some degree. Also mess around with tuning the top and bottom heads differently. The closer they are the same tension, the more vibration you may get on the bottom head. I can tell you that the better quality the snare drum the better it will sound with less problems. good luck
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

cut the snares off and throw em away. what good are they.
    max

User Info Menu

A while back, I took my snare into a shop and had them put on new heads and wires, and tune it. I told the owner of the drum shop to do whatever he wanted/felt would work best on it. As far as the wires, he put on a Rhythm Tech Active Snare System. To me, the snare never sounded better. Here's the link to see it. It really controls the snare buzz problem. Look into it, their cheap $16!!
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I find it depends on the room i'm in whether the snare buzzes or not.

User Info Menu

try buying a falam slam pad and sticking it on top of your snare. its a cheap solution and it worked for me.

User Info Menu

on my snare i also used to have many problems with the buzz, i put some tissue paper under the snares on the ones side and duct taped them there, i still have problems when my bassist plays and they buzz then too, but the paper definately diminished it significatly.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

change your snares...you are using string I could bet...ive been more lucky with strip snare attachments over string
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

I use rings. I haven't thought of using duct tape or anything like that though.

User Info Menu

step 1
    pick up snare
    step 2 open window
    step 3 toss snare
    step 4 buy new snare... ALL FIXED
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

aim for annoying neighbor and solve another problem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    aim for annoying neighbor and solve another problem
    or sibling...hehe oh darling little brother of mine.....
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit