Thread: One of the most Amazing Drum Fills in History

User Info Menu

Default One of the most Amazing Drum Fills in History

1:52 - - The legendary Steve Gadd on drums!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg1Ibt4xP7g&feature=related"]YouTube - Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E's In Love[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: One of the most Amazing Drum Fills in History

Tasty playing there, all around, too. Gadd is pretty great.

User Info Menu

Steve Gadd is the best ever, he does things that i cant even think.... let alone count.... and ricky lee could sure sing .... boy,,,, i sure miss the old days... when people sang, the songs had melodies and harmonies, and ya didnt even know what B.P.M. were...

thanks for posting that , drummer , that song takes me back to a great time in my life ...
    Last edited by atomcorr2; 04-28-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Tamaholic

Larrysperf Guest

Hes not pretty but he is Great

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    Steve Gadd is the best ever, he does things that i cant even think.... let alone count.... and ricky lee could sure sing .... boy,,,, i sure miss the old days... when people sang, the songs had melodies and harmonies, and ya didnt even know what B.P.M. were...

thanks for posting that , drummer , that song takes me back to a great time in my life ...
    Ditto to that

User Info Menu

I was half-expecting another prank thread
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Its just classic ! The groove master has this ability to take what everybody is feeling at that moment into the perfect drum fill.....just awesome !

User Info Menu

I always liked this one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5--Sje98jI"]YouTube - 4 Paul Simon BBC TV (50 Ways To Leave Your Lover)[/ame]

User Info Menu

I agree.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Yes those were the good ole days in many ways...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Steve Gadd has a gift that few have. He's able to relax to such a degree that, combined with his chops, he can lay out a drum fill that just melts. The lick in Chuck E seems simple but have you ever tried to play it? You've got to be incredibly relaxed to pull it off and your execution must be flawless.

User Info Menu

Of course, Gadd also played yet another legendary recording with some mind-boggling fills....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNt5S9pibQ"]YouTube - Steely Dan-Aja[/ame]
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant quit listening to that song ..... its been 2 days now that , that song has been in my head.for me its not just that fill, but the way that he plays the whole song,the groove is so tight ,but theres times that he plays almost against the groove, and he hit some accents that i would have never thought to do. but he does it with ease. hes soooooo awesome.. and i also have to say that Ricki lee sings that song like no other person could . shes got more soul in her voice than any human should . hmmmmm i think i'll go listen to it a few more times...
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Hes not pretty but he is Great

Oh come on! That fro is legendary!

User Info Menu

Steve Gadd is one of my drumming Idols.Yes he is great and legendary maybe even handsome to some,but I will reserve "pretty" for the ladies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.