Thread: Hello everyone.Can you help please?

User Info Menu

Default Hello everyone.Can you help please?

Hi,in a nutshell I have a medeli style module( wedge shape 215 voices sold under a seemingly infinite number of brands) and it works fine with it's matching rubber pads but for the life of me I can't get a mesh drum(Millenium PD1210) to work.With sensativity and volume on full you can just about get it to trigger a few millimetres from the sensor but thats about it.If anyone can offer any help,guideance,solutions or just encouragement I would be eternally gratefull.Many thanks.
    Forgot to say that I've tried another mesh pad with the same results so it rules out a faulty pad.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hello everyone.Can you help please?

Welcome to the forum Newboy! Sorry I cant help with the module, I am sure someone here will be able to steer you right.

User Info Menu

Hi,thanks for the welcome.I wish I had your confidfence.This module seems to be somewhat of an enigma.

User Info Menu

Welcome newboy! Hang onto hope, I'm in the same boat as fumbled_time, but there are plenty of people that will help you out... Just hang in there, you should get a good number of posts in 1-4 days. Keep playing around with the module and the mesh pad, check the wires too!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Hi Drumrookie,thanks for the encouragement.The module goes under many names:- Black Mamba DDK1-DD-505 and Session Pro DD-505 in England, Fame DD-505 and Millenium MPS-200 in Germany, Simmons SD5K in the U.S., Legacy DD-505 in Australia and Medeli DD-505 in Asia.There are also others.Have got one pad to work very quietly as a bass drum so far.

User Info Menu

Looks like my natural state of pessimism was justified in this case.I'll tell you what I have learned.All these generic look alike chinese modules are not the same.I don't know how or why as I'd assumed they were all the same,maybe there is a v2.The reason I say this is that some work with mesh and some don't.Not knowing much about electronics in general and even less about electronic drums I cannot even begin to guess other than some are more sensative in some way.
    Let's attack this from another side.What know you about transducers,specifically the difference between a square transducer and a round piezo.Many thanks in advance.