Thread: Traps drum kit?

User Info Menu

Default Traps drum kit?

Hi,

I'm about to buy my first set of drums. Because of where I live I will use an electronic set for quiteness. The two major brands recommended have been Roland and Yamaha. But I've also seen Traps electronic drums advertised at a fairly low price compared to Roland and they feature mesh heads and look like a 'real' drum kit.

Does anyone have any experience of Traps electronic drums? And would you recommend them?

Regards,

Paul.

User Info Menu

Hey, Paul! Hadn't seen this before, so wanted to say welcome to DrumChat. I personally can't help you with the electronic sets, but Drum Chick might be able to help you out. I know there are few others in here that can give good tips on electronic sets, but can't think of them right at the moment.

Again, welcome!

User Info Menu

Paul,

Ran across a decent discussion of electronic drum on a thread called, appropriately, "Electronic Drums." It's under the Drummers Q & A forum, on page 2.

Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the site, Paul!

This is an easy one:

Roland = Yes!!!

Traps = No

Yamaha = hahahaha..........errrr...........I mean, No.

The Traps kit is kind of unique compared to the other 2, but if that is the type of thing you are looking for, your better off going with an acoustic kit with Roland triggers. I have heard bad things about the Traps hardware and I have also heard that it is next to impossible to replace a bad trigger.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads