Thread: Had Another Lesson Last Night....

User Info Menu

Default Had Another Lesson Last Night....

I had another lesson last night, it went very well and at the end of the night my teacher had me play along with the song I've been practicing, Audioslave's "Show Me How To Live" and he seemed very happy with my progress. He told me he was proud of me..... My hubby told me today that my teacher said he was very impressed, kinda amazed and very proud. He was beaming! YAY!!!! I just wanted to share, I'm very happy

User Info Menu

YAY! go DC!
    what did he teach you anyway?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    I had another lesson last night, it went very well and at the end of the night my teacher had me play along with the song I've been practicing, Audioslave's "Show Me How To Live" and he seemed very happy with my progress. He told me he was proud of me..... My hubby told me today that my teacher said he was very impressed, kinda amazed and very proud. He was beaming! YAY!!!! I just wanted to share, I'm very happy
    He's probably just hitting on you.

User Info Menu

rd you should do standup
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

He just showed me some more stick control exercises to work on and he gave me a few exercises for limb independence. Example: doing 8th notes on the hi-hat while doing paradiddles with my left hand and right foot, stuff like that. He also wants me to start practicing my doubles with an accent on the second stroke instead of the first stroke, I think he said "accent the down beat instead of the up beat", something like that........ He also wants me to keep working on "Show Me How To Live"........ That's about it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    He's probably just hitting on you.
    Nah, the only thing he's hitting on is the drum........

User Info Menu

why is everyone on this board a comedian?
    no offense to anyone just wondering.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    Because no one thinks they're funny at home........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    10,000 comedians unemployed and I'm work'n two jobs, eh?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    No offense but I figured he would say that Sue, because I just know you are going to be a great drummer, and I also new you were going to catch on very quickly, WAY TO GO.

User Info Menu

Congrats, DC. I'm sure that feels very special.

User Info Menu

Kudos to you Chick,

I have the feeling you are probably much better than you give yourself credit for. Congrats.

gonefishin