Thread: Help my marching band get a grant? Everyone can do this!

User Info Menu

Exclamation Help my marching band get a grant? Everyone can do this!

Okay, so I'm a drummer (bass 3 or quads next year) in my school (Broughton HS)'s marching band, in Raleigh, NC. We are heading to Pasadena, CA next year for the Parade of Roses, on January 2nd. (Be sure to watch it on TV/in person and look for the purple and gold marching band!)

Here is the email, quoted:

Dear Friends of the Broughton Band:

As you know, we are working to raise money to send the band to the Tournament of Roses Parade in January of 2012. The financial commitment is large and we will need assistance in order for all of our students to make the trip.

Our Grants Committee has worked with Pepsi to be included in their "Refresh Everything" grant campaign. We are competing with other non-profits across the country to "win" a $50,000 grant from Pepsi. In order to win, our proposal must garner more votes than any of the competing proposals.

Attached is a flyer explaining the campaign, and another that explains the voting procedures.

Pepsi allows each person to register one vote each day during the month of May! We need the help of everyone in the Broughton Community to make this a reality. We are asking each person in your household to do the following:

1) Register with "Refresh Everything" (a one time process) at http://www.refresheverything.com/broughton2012
    2) To log into RefreshEverything daily and vote for Broughton each day during the month of May
    3) Involve your friends, family, extended family, post on your facebook page, etc. and spread the word as far as you can!

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of the Broughton Band!

Sincerely,

Doug and Gail Sprecher
    Presidents, Needham B. Broughton Band Boosters, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment: Tell Your Family, Friends, Neighbors & Co-Workers

If you are 13 or older you may register to vote on the Pepsi Refresh website. Make sure you and your parents, your siblings, your aunts & uncles, your cousins, and even your grandparents Register & Vote!

Look for us under "Arts" then "$50,000". Vote EVERY DAY from May 1st through May 31st, 2011 for our Band!

Online via Pepsi Refresh at www.refresheverything.com
    Online via the Pepsi Refresh Facebook application.
    Via Text using your mobile phone (standard rates apply) with the Pepsi Refresh Project iPhone app or Android app.
    Add UP TO 100 Extra Power Votes with a code under caps of specially marked 2 liter or 20 oz. Pepsi bottles or the reverse of 12 & 24-pack carton wrappers.
    • Or send a self addressed stamped envelope to Pepsi for 1 free Power Vote.
    This is completely free, through a reputable company, safe, doesn't require any information other than your name and birth date and email (they will not spam), would help us hugely, and will probably take you less than five minutes. If even half of you all here voted once a day, we'd definitely win the grant and we'd be able to send all of our members, with nice and repaired instruments, on a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Keep in mind, I am not doing this to make money for myself. I already have my trip paid for (in band fruit sales!), however, I don't think someone shouldn't be forced to not go because of financial constraints, because it is an expensive trip. We also really need some relatively expensive instrument repairs before we go. Please please help! It'd mean so much. I hope no one perceives this as possibly violating board rules, because I'm not asking for money (although the band is accepting donations. XD. If you actually want to donate a few dollars and would like to be sent a postcard, PM me.), I'm just asking for a click on the Pepsi website for a non-profit organization. Think about the band kids! We need your help. Thank you all so much. I always know I have the DF as my other family.
    Needham B. Broughton High School Drumline

Tournament ~of~ Roses Parade 2012!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help my marching band get a grant? Everyone can do this!

This is something that my old High school did this past year and they actually got some of the money! It's a great thing that they are doing.

User Info Menu

I would vote, but im only twelve

oops, voting is done:lol:

User Info Menu

Aww man I wish I saw this earlier, I could have voted :(
    I hope you got the grant though!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos