Thread: Can you recommend a practice pad?

User Info Menu

Default Can you recommend a practice pad?

Hi,

I've been for my first drum lesson. Now I realise just how good you guys who play the drums are.

The drum teacher recommended that I hold off buying a kit just now and get a drum practice pad. What I would like is something to use at work during my lunch break so it has to be silent, yet with the feel of a real drumskin and a visual (or audible through an earpiece only) indication of where I am missing the beat.

Can anyone recommend a suitable pad?

Many thanks,

Paul.

User Info Menu

I think remo do good practice pads and practice kits (looks like an electric kit but just practice pads.)
    There normaly under 50$ aussie for something you can pratice on (prolly not remo though)
    Check ebay... That would prolly be the best place to look for one.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

im looking for a pratice/rhythm coach, im suck so bad, i dont think im cut up for this, im hoping this may help though (hi hat /snare /bass co-ordination problems) its pre owned a roloand rm 3 , would be £60gbp or $120 ,think thats good? or is there anything else beeter to help? sorry for waffling
    I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU ROLAND

User Info Menu

Second hand gear that can teach you while your just starting would be the best way to go. No one is good at druming at first. One of my friends never had a lesson just listened. And he played in a really successful cover band around my area. So just stick to it. It will all snap into place. If you have a passion for it. It will work out :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lita3
    im looking for a pratice/rhythm coach, im suck so bad, i dont think im cut up for this, im hoping this may help though (hi hat /snare /bass co-ordination problems) its pre owned a roloand rm 3 , would be £60gbp or $120 ,think thats good? or is there anything else beeter to help? sorry for waffling
    Yes, the Roland RMP-5, way better then the 3........ DC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dunplaying
    Hi,

I've been for my first drum lesson. Now I realise just how good you guys who play the drums are.

The drum teacher recommended that I hold off buying a kit just now and get a drum practice pad. What I would like is something to use at work during my lunch break so it has to be silent, yet with the feel of a real drumskin and a visual (or audible through an earpiece only) indication of where I am missing the beat.

Can anyone recommend a suitable pad?

Many thanks,

Paul.
    Roland RMP-5, it's worked wonders for me and I don't own a kit....... DC

User Info Menu

If you don't want to spend money you can always take a mouse pad ( if its not to thin and made of cloth and uhh rubber (?)) and put it on your desk or any hard surface and it works fine. I like doing that more than playing on my practice pad, my pad give to much rebound.