Thread: Rosie O'Donnell........

User Info Menu

Default Rosie O'Donnell........

Fox News: ABC ANNOUNCES ROSIE O'DONNELL IS OFF 'THE VIEW'; DECISION COMES TWO DAYS AFTER ON-AIR FIGHT WITH ELISABETH HASSELBECK...

What do you all think about Rosie O'D?

User Info Menu

WHo is she?

User Info Menu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_O'Donnell

Here's the latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...hasselbeck.ap/

User Info Menu

Can't stand her.

User Info Menu

who can stand rosie i know for a fact i hate her guts who else does

User Info Menu

I think Rosie claims to stand for tolerance, but I find her extremely intolerant of anyone's opinion but her own. If you don't agree with her, you're just uneducated. I'm glad she's going. I've heard enough. Of course that's not to say that there aren't some others that I could do without, too.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't like her either........

User Info Menu

they did a mock of the fight between Trump and Rosie on a wrestling show. it was hilarious.!!!
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

donald trump should be attacked and shaved bald.
    I'd laugh for years!

User Info Menu

He'd look so much better if someone actually did shave him bald. That comb over or whatever it's called is very heinous! LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Good...I'm not the only one who's noticed that some people who claim to be tolerant become pretty intolerant when someone disagrees with their agendas. (And it's usually the "liberals" who are the most intolerant of all...)

Yes! Bongobro, I went to two different seminaries getting my Masters of Divinity degree. The first was a conservative school, the second was a liberal school. I appreciated that I had the opportunity to see things from both perspectives and I think it made me a better pastor. The amazing thing, though, was that although the liberal seminary preached religious tolerance, I was not particularly tolerated because I had transfered from a conservative seminary. No one bothered to ask me where I stood, they just assumed and made me feel excluded.

So much for tolerance.

User Info Menu

narrow minded people suck. There is never a right or wrong way. Its all opinions and being open to other peoples opinions. Thats what its all about.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w
    narrow minded people suck. There is never a right or wrong way. Its all opinions and being open to other peoples opinions. Thats what its all about.
    Stevo, I think most people form their opinions based on their life experiences. We all see the world from certain points of view. I like being able to talk to other people, because it forces me to see things from a different point of view. It doesn't necessarily make me change my mind on things, although it might if the argument is compelling, but I grow every time I see something I had never seen before.

This is my very problem with Rosie. She seems to come from the assumption that she is right and everyone else is wrong. Either that or she feels that this is the controversy act she must put on to entertain us. I could do with a little less entertainment of that type. I think the world is filled with too much hate, and not nearly enough caring.

BTW, thanks everyone for having the courage to put your opinions out here, and for having the respect for all those who do, whether we agree or not! You folks (gender neutrality for all our female drum buddies) rock!

User Info Menu

I have never liked any of the chickens on The View, especially Rosie. Whenever I see that show, I turn the volume all the way down and sit there and say "cluckcluck, cluck, cluckcluckcluck, cluckcluck" and it seems to match up with anything they are saying. Turn the volume back up and it sounds the same too.

I would rather have seen the show canceled instead of Rosie getting kicked off because now, when the show does get canceled, she's going to start flapping her lips saying that the show was no good after she left so that's why it got canceled. I'd hate to see her have that kind of satisfaction...
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    donald trump should be attacked and shaved bald.
    I'd laugh for years!
    if you watch wwe in wrestliamainia they had a match trump vs mcmaonn mcman lost i was hoping they would draw then they both got their heads shaved

User Info Menu

Timp. PUNCTUATION!

User Info Menu

I think Rosie has a pretty self destructive streak. She seems to be so defensive about everything. She seems to think that she is always being victimized, and has to fight back whenever someone dissagrees with her. You can dissagree with someones views without it getting into name calling, finger pointing, and personal attacks. She seems to take everything said as a personal attack. I think she can dish it out, but she can't take it. She should be in a different line of work. One where she isn't under the stress caused by constant public scrutiny. She just doesn't seem to handle it well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Church Drummer
    I think Rosie has a pretty self destructive streak. She seems to be so defensive about everything. She seems to think that she is always being victimized, and has to fight back whenever someone dissagrees with her. You can dissagree with someones views without it getting into name calling, finger pointing, and personal attacks. She seems to take everything said as a personal attack. I think she can dish it out, but she can't take it. She should be in a different line of work. One where she isn't under the stress caused by constant public scrutiny. She just doesn't seem to handle it well.
    Well said, CD. Almost have to feel sorry for her (almost). Could be just a case where events took her to a place she wasn't equiped to handle. Good observation. Hadn't thought about that one.

User Info Menu

Cool Rosie O'Donnell....

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    I have never liked any of the chickens on The View, especially Rosie. Whenever I see that show, I turn the volume all the way down and sit there and say "cluckcluck, cluck, cluckcluckcluck, cluckcluck" and it seems to match up with anything they are saying. Turn the volume back up and it sounds the same too.

I would rather have seen the show canceled instead of Rosie getting kicked off because now, when the show does get canceled, she's going to start flapping her lips saying that the show was no good after she left so that's why it got canceled. I'd hate to see her have that kind of satisfaction...
    1DB--try "meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow" (and I don't mean the cat food commercial) and you'd have a better picture of four (or is that three now?) women gossiping...never watched The View...and if I did, I could probably make better racket by bang'n my congas to drown 'em out...)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

you'd be way better bongobro than any of those old hags.
    i actually liked star jones better than rosie. weird. and the thing with rosie is that she will make fun of different people, ethnic groups, politicians, and others but the moment someone makes fun of her she goes off like a chocolate cannon! I'm glad she's getting kicked off, finally! I'll hold a parade, I'll call it "So long Moby D***"

User Info Menu

Good observation on Rosie, Ringo. BTW, like the joke on your signature line!

User Info Menu

thanks my band teacher always used to tease me about it. but when he did i would always whip out my 2nd place science fair medal. and the funny thing about it was that i was taller than him by about a foot. what a short sad little man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    thanks my band teacher always used to tease me about it. but when he did i would always whip out my 2nd place science fair medal. and the funny thing about it was that i was taller than him by about a foot. what a short sad little man.
    Yeah, when I was playing baseball in high school, my family moved and the varsity coach at the new school let me know that he never knew of a baseball player that got good grades. Apparently he'd never heard of Academic All-merican athletes.

Some people can have a fairly narrow view of things. Oh well.

User Info Menu

yeah totally pb tell it like it is!