Thread: 6 years

User Info Menu

Default 6 years

6 years ago today, I moved into my house. Peace and quiet, no traffic jams, no car horns going off every 10 seconds. I'm the last house before the cul-de-sac which means no through traffic. 18 trees on my property. The leaves are a pain in the a$$ in the fall, but I'll take it over 18" of snow every year. I can play my drums 24/7, nobody hears them, even at 3-4 in the morning.

I haven't spent 3 seconds missing the town I grew up in, the Jersey Turnpike, where slow drivers go to die, or the smell. It took a while to get used to breathing air that I couldn't see. No industry anywhere near me, so it's just the smell of cut grass and flowers.

G O D, I love it here!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: 6 years

Congrats Rick on finding your perfect home. I moved up here in the bush 15 years ago and love it too. Came from a city full of smog, traffic jams etc etc.
    I have no problem with leaves as they blow away naturally and if there are any left I usually mulch them up and spread them over my lawn which is good for the winter. I am surrounded by thousand of acres of trees which gives me nice clean, fresh air.
    I can hack the snow cause I have the necessary equipment to remove it and it also gets me out in the Winter months this way I don't get cabin fever.
    I can also play 24/7 with no nearby neighbors to complain except the wild life lol. Property taxes, auto and home insurance are the lowest in the province. Can't complain. Life is good here on top of my mountain with my wife and GS Jazz.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 08-01-2018 at 09:25 AM.

User Info Menu

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That’s awesome. I noticed last night while my wife and I were walking our dogs; we actually have corn fields in the middle of my town of 15k people, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That’s awesome. I noticed last night while my wife and I were walking our dogs; we actually have corn fields in the middle of my town of 15k people, LOL.
    Is that where they keep the stills?

Are you telling me that you just noticed a corn field yesterday?

Brian, it's not like finding a quarter on the sidewalk, this is a corn field in the middle of town. I think I would notice that, IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TOWN!!!!!
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 08-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Rick
    Where in jersey did you live? What town?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lexer View Post
    Rick
    Where in jersey did you live? What town?
    Bayonne

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Is that where they keep the stills?

Are you telling me that you just noticed a corn field yesterday?

Brian, it's not like finding a quarter on the sidewalk, this is a corn field in the middle of town. I think I would notice that, IN THE MIDDLE OF MY TOWN!!!!!
    It’s like the old saying; you can’t see the trees for the forest. Well, TREES we notice around here. Our forests are made of corn, LOL.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 08-22-2018 at 09:49 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Bayonne changed a lot. I know it well. Used to be all polish and italian.
    I was there last month.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lexer View Post
    Bayonne changed a lot. I know it well. Used to be all polish and italian.
    I was there last month.
    I grew up there in the '50's and '60's, it was a nice town back then, not so much now.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    6 years ago today, I moved into my house. Peace and quiet, no traffic jams, no car horns going off every 10 seconds. I'm the last house before the cul-de-sac which means no through traffic. 18 trees on my property. The leaves are a pain in the a$$ in the fall, but I'll take it over 18" of snow every year. I can play my drums 24/7, nobody hears them, even at 3-4 in the morning.

I haven't spent 3 seconds missing the town I grew up in, the Jersey Turnpike, where slow drivers go to die, or the smell. It took a while to get used to breathing air that I couldn't see. No industry anywhere near me, so it's just the smell of cut grass and flowers.

G O D, I love it here!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Congrats Rick on finding your perfect home. I moved up here in the bush 15 years ago and love it too. Came from a city full of smog, traffic jams etc etc.
    I have no problem with leaves as they blow away naturally and if there are any left I usually mulch them up and spread them over my lawn which is good for the winter. I am surrounded by thousand of acres of trees which gives me nice clean, fresh air.
    I can hack the snow cause I have the necessary equipment to remove it and it also gets me out in the Winter months this way I don't get cabin fever.
    I can also play 24/7 with no nearby neighbors to complain except the wild life lol. Property taxes, auto and home insurance are the lowest in the province. Can't complain. Life is good here on top of my mountain with my wife and GS Jazz.
    Glad to know you guys are in a good place -- healthy and pretty natural surroundings, happy, and restful.
    Both sound excellent.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

NC has some very nice areas. Me, I'm partial to the coast.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    NC has some very nice areas. Me, I'm partial to the coast.
    I'm about 400 miles inland, so when a hurricane hits I don't have to go to higher ground. 2 of my daughters are in Elizabeth City and my youngest is in Virginia Beach. For them it goes with the territory.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS