Thread: any reviews on medeli/rockburn/session pro dd 501/505 etc??

sirpatalot Guest

Default any reviews on medeli/rockburn/session pro dd 501/505 etc??

a lot of peeps seem to know about these generic far east kits that get branded by various companies, medeli/rockburn/session pro etc. but cannot find any reviews or comments on quality. the prices are very low, check this one

Rockburn DTX-50 (DD501) Digital Drum Kit

£185 is very low for a full kit. appears to have dual zone mesh-like snare too.
    dont get me wrong, im not asking whether they are top quality kit, they obviously wont be at this price but has anyone had any first hand experience or seen any reviews? just want to know whether its worth a try considering the saving is so great over entry level rolands/yamahas.

for kits that seem to be everywhere, i cannot find any written or video reviews on hardware or sound quality. weird......

it definitely depends on what applications you want to use them for but for a basic practise kit with midi capabilities, are they worth trying??

*Sorry sirpatalot, but I had to delete the link to ebay because it was a link to a retailer and violated our Forum Rules. - PB*

User Info Menu

Default Re: any reviews on medeli/rockburn/session pro dd 501/505 etc??

Many lower-end e-kits are all re-branded Medeli parts. In all honesty, they aren't very good. The hardware is cheaply made and the modules usually have limited capabilities and terrible sounds. Anyone that is serious about drumming will probably not enjoy owning one.

If you're going to get an e-kit stick with Roland or Yamaha. 2Box also gets rave reviews but can only be had outside of the US. Alesis' new DM10 is a nice module but, outside of that, I have trouble recommending anything by them. Their other modules are "meh" and their hardware is cheap compared to the others (they also re-brand some Medeli stuff).
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^