Thread: Corny Song?

User Info Menu

Default Corny Song?

What totally corny song or song you wouldn't normally listen to or play do you like playing along with while practicing or just having fun? I love playing along with "I Need To Know" by Marc Anthony....

User Info Menu

Cool Corny song?

"Fallin' in Love Again (Uh-Oh)" by Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine;
    it sounds like it was composed in a supermarket (with sounds that resemble shopping carts crashing as they're put back into line and the beeping of electronic scanners in the background)...

...sort of like those new Visa commercials with the choreographed shoppers in the garden shop (that is, until somebody writes a check and brings everything to a crashing halt)...

(Actually, it's my take on it that makes it corny, but it's a good tune for practicing bongos and congas!)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

How about America's "Horse With No Name?" Fairly simple rhythms. Besides, I liked the song when it came out in . . . well, I liked the song. Seems a bit corny today, but it was pretty cool back then.

User Info Menu

Cool Corny Song?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    How about America's "Horse With No Name?" Fairly simple rhythms. Besides, I liked the song when it came out in . . . well, I liked the song. Seems a bit corny today, but it was pretty cool back then.
    1972 ... BTW, it's a great practice/warm-up tune for bongo players, and it's still cool to play!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

john williamson pretty much had a repitwa of lame songs :P Always good for a laugh

(pub with no beer) (Tie my kangaroo down)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters