Thread: New Kit- ARRIVED !!!!

User Info Menu

Default New Kit- ARRIVED !!!!

Hi all,

Well, here it is.

I ended up going for the finish called Crystal Rain instead of Granite Sparkle because it can look either a steel grey, blue or even a violet clolour depending on the light.

The sound I have to say took me a bit of getting used to ( after coming off my old export ) - MAN what a DIFFERENT kit to play - the 16' floor tom is like a cannon ! seriously it is incredible. The depth of sound that comes from the rack toms is fantastic.

Needless to say I am one VERY VERY happy ( but now penniless ) boy

I am still waiting on the 13 x 11 and will slide that into the rack and adjust everything when that arrives.

I also changed my hats to Zildjian K Custom 14' Mastersounds !- AWESOME hats too !

To see nice big clean images go here - http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3452/img3349pw2.jpg and http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4671/img3347dx5.jpg

Wotto
    Last edited by Wotto; 05-27-2007 at 03:53 AM.
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

You have a new kit arriving? Where is your post. Maybe mycomputer broked :s
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

what happend here? where is the original post.

User Info Menu

Wotto, I'm sure this was you, because it is the right timing for your kit to come, according to your "New Kit on the Way" post. Congrats to you, and I look forward to seeing the pics of your new kit. We're all excited for you!

User Info Menu

Yep- dunno what happened to my original post

Anyway , here you all go

Few more bits to come but this is it for starters
    UNBELIEVABLE kit !!!!

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4591/img3347xf4.jpg
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6868/img3349ic2.jpg
    http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2548/img3356ph4.jpg

( I know the Kick head says Masters, but it is actually a Reference Kit )

I also upgraded my hats to 14' K Mastersounds- VERY VERY nice hats too
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

wow u did get a reference kewl. I like the finiash...... maybe ill get onme after all. how much did it cost ya?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

*looked at the pics closer* Hey you have the pearl eliminator 2002c.... How do you find them. See you use the blue cams. Write something about them because thats the kick i have been looking at :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

what kinda rack is that
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Hey Wotto, nice looking drum kit! Don't know where you set them up, but it looks like the perfect place to show them off, and to be able to play them. As I recall, you're still waiting on one more tom. Was it an 8", or was it a floor tom - or am I just remembering wrong?

Congratulations again. A kit like that indicates the hard work required to get it. And thanks for the pics. Beautiful!

User Info Menu

NICE..................

really like the colour!! wish i could have tat............

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Heres some answers to all your questions -

Stevo42 - re the price - sit down my friend ......it cost me around $5000 Aussie Bucks and my Export shells ! That was my price for everything including , the Pearl rack , Pearl Cable Hi Hat system ( still coming ) and all neccasery mounts and a 12' Splash ( coming too ) - More than happy with that by the way.

Stevo42 - Re the Pearl Eliminator - I have only just started to learn double bass in the last 6 months, it is a lot of fun. I had a cheap Ashton double pedal originally and the gigantic difference in feel and smoothness in the Eliminator is uncomparable to what I had - HOWEVER - I am NO expert on double pedals and I can only tell you that this Eliminator is VERY VERY smooth ( maybe a little too smooth ) - I recently put the belts on instead of the chains and I personally like the feel of those better too. Yes, I have the blue cams on but with my limited experience I cant say they are a whole lot different to the whites I had on it for a while.

OVERALL the pedal feels very nice to play with, I am sure any criticisms I could find with it are more to do with my pathetic chicken legs not working well enough rather than faults with the pedal itself.

Ringo - The rack is a Pearl DR503 Icon Rack.

Pastor Bob - ( 1 ) They are actually set up in our bedroom, we have a large room with that 'alcove' off to one side and it is the perfect spot for em ( 2 ) dont worry mate, your memory is pretty good, I have a 13 x 11 rack tom on order, I will change the rack configuration when that arrives ( 3 ) The hard work to get this was 5+ years of collecting and restoring ( and eventually selling ) pinball machines, I was hugely into that hobby and these days just have the one machine left ( Cirqus Voltaire for anyone here that knows pinnies )

Cheers

Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

wow....that is a killer kit. great cymbals too. have you gotten the tuning dialed in? it takes a little bit to get used to tuning with the diferent woods between the individual drums. i am seriously considering buying a 7 pc. in purple craze. the only thing stopping me is that my friend already owns one in that color, and i dont want to be a copy cat lol.

User Info Menu

i cant believe there is not more praise for the reference drums around here. if you guys have never played a ref kit, you need to badly. i swear they are the baddest factory drumkit on the market. you will never think of wood composition the same way again. i have compaired the drums on the same stand next to mine and can really tell the difference in what the bearing edges and ply configurations do for the sound. and we cant say it was because my drums sound bad either as mine are pearl masters and sound beautiful as a maple shell should. but the refs simply sound perfect and actually changed my idea of what perfect is and what a drum kit should sound like.
    if you can wotto take a pic of the bottom of that snare and post it. this thing is a 20 ply beast.

User Info Menu

Will snap off a snare shot - no worries-
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

yeah the 20ply beast!!!!...... i was shocked when i saw that on the pearl site :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Here you all go

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7594/img3360zw2.jpg

20 ply's - madness !
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Its so purdy!>

I dont know if i should cry or jizm.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

6 ply birch 14 maple right?

User Info Menu

Something like that. All i remember is the other snare is alot smaller. Like 14 plies in total i thinks.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters