Thread: Curious...

User Info Menu

Default Curious...

Where do you guys usually start when you come into the forum?
    Do you first click on new posts or do you look at the latest entries on the right of the page under "Last Post"? Or do you open up the main threads on the left? Or what?
    Last edited by drummer; 05-28-2007 at 01:25 AM.

User Info Menu

I first click on new posts. Its the quickset wy ofseing whats going on in the forum.

User Info Menu

Me too. I look at the new threads, or new comments on old threads.

User Info Menu

Drummer,

If I have the time, I do more browsing through the threads where I think I might learn something, or where I think I might have something relevant to say.

Lately, though, I've been more pressed for time, so I've been looking primarily at the new posts. I don't want to adopt that as my new modus operandi, because then I'll miss out on a lot of other cool stuff. I've learned a lot fro earlier threads, but I confess that I would feel a little weird posting something on a thread where the last post was several months ago. I guess it might be a way to resurrect a previous thread, though - if I had anything really intellegent to add!

User Info Menu

i almost always go to the new posts. sometimes i'll pick a section and just go through it to see if there's anything old that's interesting, but usually i just look for new stuff.

User Info Menu

Sadly I usually go straight to Off Topic, and then look at the last post menu on the other forums...
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Cool Curious...

I usually go to the Shoutbox first, then I dance around the threads, so to speak ... usually go to Percussion, then to Off Topic, then to the newer stuff that catches my eye...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Interesting. What made me ask, is I sometimes wonder (as Pastor Bob stated) if some might be missing out on some great threads if they always hit new first. I usually hit New Posts too but I'm trying to go back to some of the recent threads more often now. And I'm finding all kinds of good stuff!

Moral of this story: If you spend too much time on the icing, you might miss the meat and potatos. (Assuming you have a meat and potato cake with icing that is. )

User Info Menu

<awkward stare>...........yummy
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

i click new posts, then open a new tab in firefox for each thread
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

question + answer, then new post, then all the others

User Info Menu

First I look for answers and opinions on my questions, I go where I have been recently to see what is new, then just buzz around. Off topic is the funnest and least informative, sort of like everything else in life, but I am ready for some fun.

User Info Menu

I look at whatever my computer tells me is new from last time, if its relevante to me i post. If i get time. I loko through old posts.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Alright, drummer, if you really want the truth, I go straight for the Corrupt-A-Wish game!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Alright, drummer, if you really want the truth, I go straight for the Corrupt-A-Wish game!
    Ha! Nothing wrong with that PB. It's been the most popular thread throughout.

User Info Menu

I go to new threads and then to the shoutbox

User Info Menu

I normally hang around the New Posts Section. See whats the latest.

And then ignore shoutbox, because I'm a loner.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

First I go to FAQ. I've memorized it forwards so now I'm working on it backwards. Then I search for all of drummers posts. If I find new ones I slavishly agree with whatever he says. If they're old I bump them with one of his quotes and add something like "total genius!". Then I go to the shout box and mock anyone who's there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    First I go to FAQ. I've memorized it forwards so now I'm working on it backwards. Then I search for all of drummers posts. If I find new ones I slavishly agree with whatever he says. If they're old I bump them with one of his quotes and add something like "total genius!". Then I go to the shout box and mock anyone who's there.
    RD, you kill me! Oh, I mean you're a "total genius!" Sounds better. Glad I don't hang out on the shout box much! I admit that I do have fun reading your posts. Great entertainment, baby!!

User Info Menu

I had to look up the word slavishly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    RD, you kill me! Oh, I mean you're a "total genius!" Sounds better. Glad I don't hang out on the shout box much! I admit that I do have fun reading your posts. Great entertainment, baby!!
    Your check is in the mail.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    I had to look up the word slavishly.
    *phony Ed McMahon laugh*