Thread: Pearl Vision Series Drums

User Info Menu

Default Pearl Vision Series Drums

I just jumped on the american pearl website instead of the europe one and found the vision series (not yet on the europe site) I cant quite figure what is the difference. I know you get a steel snare in the vision series. Probably different finishes and shell constructions but how different is it from the reference series. Im tossing up between ordering a vision from america or a reference from australia. One thing i couldnt find were the different finishes for the vision set though :S

Im thinking reference because i like wood snares better :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I'd go reference too Stevo. Actually, I'd go Masters, but if you want a more expensive kit, then reference.

My Masters kit (in my opinion), sounds better than a reference kit of the same dimensions etc.
    I know this cos i compared them, and even the fella who owned the reference preferred the tone of my MHX kit!! So I wouldn't buy over Masters really, I'd put the difference between the cost of the masters and the reference into cymbals....!

You know what you;re doin though, so you will decide in the end yourself!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

What didnt you like about the reference. The thing i like is i wanted a birch kit. And this will soften how hard a birch kit would be. I was thinkin about a birch masters kit. But it just seems practical with this because its been perfectly engineered....... But again it would mess up its tone with the attack and different woods. I see what your saying.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Vision series

visions are great intermdiate sets, even some pro drummers use them
    Pearl Vision VX jet black
    Aquarian heads (Focus-X, Performance IIs, Super Kick II)
    Pearl Free Floating Maple Snare
    Vic-Firth 5B
    Pearl Eliminators
    Roc N Soc throne

14" Paiste Signature sound edge hi-hats
    16" Paiste Signature full crash
    18" Paiste Signature full crash
    20" Zildjian K custom dark ride
    20" Paiste RUDE china

In bands: Frame of Mind, and Become The Catalyst

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frame-...7982037?ref=ts

User Info Menu

Holy thread revival Batman!!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    Holy thread revival Batman!!!

That's what I was thinking.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Man, that post ended before I joined.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

It's like that movie Deja Vu when they are trying to talk to each other in different time periods with letters. Stevo if you're still shopping, the vision series comes with a steel sensitone snare in all their lines except for the maple shelled VMX. Seeing as how the References are a highly customized sound, it's likely you'll pay more in the long run no matter where you order from. A full birch kit from pearl, the vision series is not- everything except for the snare though you can get in birch. A good idea would be to keep an eye out for the older SBX line that preceeded visions, and you'll find your birch kit for a bit less.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    It's like that movie Deja Vu when they are trying to talk to each other in different time periods with letters. Stevo if you're still shopping, the vision series comes with a steel sensitone snare in all their lines except for the maple shelled VMX. Seeing as how the References are a highly customized sound, it's likely you'll pay more in the long run no matter where you order from. A full birch kit from pearl, the vision series is not- everything except for the snare though you can get in birch. A good idea would be to keep an eye out for the older SBX line that preceeded visions, and you'll find your birch kit for a bit less.
    Or you can just get a Tama Superstar.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    LOL if he is still shopping 3 years later and can't make up his mind I would say he is overthinking things just a tad! Pull the trigger man, 3 years now, you can do it!