View Poll Results: Who do you choose

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • JJ of slipknot

7 46.67%
  • Travis of Blink182/boxcar/+44/ and some other band now.

8 53.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JJ vs Travis

User Info Menu

Default JJ vs Travis

Im not picking fights but i want to put a couple of clips here of both guys in action. What do you guys think. JJ or Travis? I know their diferent styles but independantly have alook and think.

Not picking fights ringo. Just interetsed. Remember im a fan of JJ too.
    J J in a sound check jam thing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1xpK...elated&search=
    one of my fav slipknot songs
    (link Terminated)
    Solo off some DVD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgTm...elated&search=

Tavis recording a song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN9Mt...elated&search=
    Just stuffing around
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1HC...elated&search=
    At some concert
    (link Terminated)

Turns out Travis things in 16ths or 32nds. all the time no matter what the tempo. Hence his speed.

Turns out joey did the drumming core.

Anyways cast your votes!
    Last edited by Stevo42w; 06-03-2007 at 11:56 AM.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I pick JJ not because of his drumming background but because unlike Travis Barker he doesn't sell out for money. Ex: the famous clothing line, and other commercials. SELLOUT!
    But on the other hand barker is a decent drummer and i must admit his stuff can be difficult at some times. But I say Joey Jordison takes the cake any day over travis barker. just my opinion
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

I have to say that i prefer Travis. I just like Travis style a bit more.

User Info Menu

but you still like jj as a musician correct?

User Info Menu

i like both drummers, there both great, but i like what travis does with his music, its so different yet it brings the music alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    but you still like jj as a musician correct?
    Zat iss correct!

User Info Menu

I pick JJ not because of his drumming background but because unlike Travis Barker he doesn't sell out for money. Ex: the famous clothing line, and other commercials. SELLOUT!
    But on the other hand barker is a decent drummer and i must admit his stuff can be difficult at some times. But I say Joey Jordison takes the cake any day over travis barker. just my opinion
    He does adds? I didnt know that. I dont even know the name of his current band..... Infact he was kicked out of his last band for doing what he wanted.... So im not sure if thats selling out :S But being that slipknot is partially nu metal.... thats all sell out too. But selling out it a weird topic. Neither have sold out they just do what they want to make money. Selling out is about not making what you want coz it will make money. There just making extra cash with adds..... (btw joey J is a lead advertisement for pearl in music stores in w.a.)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

And if you were in his position, would you turn down a load of money cos your worried people might think youd "sold out"? Stop being such a hypocrite!

User Info Menu

Stop being such a hypocrite! IM sure you wouldnt turn down that much money.

User Info Menu

joey sold out to pearl anyways. He sold his image in return for drums. Anyways the only bad sell out is like fall out boy. Doiing what you love. Because it becomes a fad selling out to the next fad..... Changing what you love because of money if selling out. Travis never had that. He always got on with what he loved as has joey. That and i have a video with joey saying he isnt a great guitarist or drummer.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

but that's your opinion of jordison. he chose to sign with pearl because he thought they made great drums. and barker is signed by zildjian so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

User Info Menu

theyre both punks in awful bands..

User Info Menu

you have to look past your own preference and look at the talent the individual drummer has, I don't listen to either one in my free time, but I think joey is a little bit better, they are both good drummers, but i think they are over-rated compared to other drummers that have much more talent, its just that their band is not as famous, or in some cases they don't a band, but no studio drummer is most likely going to be to known by the non-drumming communuity

User Info Menu

I like both drummers but i like Travis better, he seems to have more style.

User Info Menu

Personally i have never seen travis do anythin exceptional with his instrument.....don't get me wrong here. i wouldn't llisten to either of the bands regularly and i'm not a "the only good drumming is fast drumming kinda guy". for me travis has always been a pretty basic punk drummer(maybe i don't listen to his stuff enough?) JJ is technically brilliant and would kick travis *** in a drum off....probably....
    also whenever i hear anyone fight about drums the main modern ones that come up are travis and JJ. they give a kinda designer drummmer impression...

Sorry for all the spellinf mistakes im exhausted..

User Info Menu

That's a no brainer.. JJ
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

this reminds me of an episode of south park i saw a couple weeks ago.....do we vote for the giant douche or the turd sandwich?

User Info Menu

Travis didnt sell out? He was the icon for punk with blink, so zildjian who he was with went, OMG!!! HES WITH US!!!!! and put him all over everytihng

To be a sellout you have to go from one thing to another over money

He was simply an icon so they plastered him everywhere, and had the smart idea of making him make a clothing line, so many kids would buy "famous" just because barker makes it

But, thats two diffrent genre's of music, thats metal and punk, you cant really compare them

User Info Menu

they're both rebellious

User Info Menu

they're both rebellious
    In what way?

User Info Menu

the style of music

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mexicancounciloffood
    Personally i have never seen travis do anythin exceptional with his instrument.....don't get me wrong here. i wouldn't llisten to either of the bands regularly and i'm not a "the only good drumming is fast drumming kinda guy". for me travis has always been a pretty basic punk drummer(maybe i don't listen to his stuff enough?) JJ is technically brilliant and would kick travis *** in a drum off....probably....
    also whenever i hear anyone fight about drums the main modern ones that come up are travis and JJ. they give a kinda designer drummmer impression...

Sorry for all the spellinf mistakes im exhausted..
    Thats coz he seems to just play the songs and keeps his tricks for things he does at home. He must take it pretty serious or something i cant really stand up for him i dont know what he does in his spare time nor seen them live. Joey i seen live. I have never seen him do anything special either other than play stuff fast..... I feel i have started a war. Sorry everyone. I think the studio drummers win it then :P Who has some names of good studio drummers to look at on youtube?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

jj still pwns barker

User Info Menu

the style of music
    In what way does making lame pop-punk make Travis Barker "rebelllious"?

User Info Menu

i dunno
    blink 182 was kinda punky