Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of car do you guys own?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

2006 Kia Sportave V6 2WD. It fits the drums and gets decent milage. Miss my 4x4 nissan though.
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post

You should totally go for broke and put the Factory Tow Package on that, and then you could haul your drums on a trailer.

LOL
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

Larrysperf Guest

We have a Jeep , Pontiac Montanna Van , Mini cooper and a 750 i, and a new Cruz. Great little car

User Info Menu

I have a 1994 BMW 318i and a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser that I picked up when the BMW spent an extended time in the shop. The Bimmer is more fun to drive, but the PT Cruiser has more room to haul stuff since I got rid of the van (at 12 mph the van just wasn't worth the repair costs).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I drive a red 1990 model Opel Kadett Cub
    It sure is old but it drives very well, kept in good condition (apart from the rusty bits, which I hope to fix soonish) and most importantly is great for transporting my drumkit
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

95 Ford Ranger. It gets me from A to B, and it has a bed, so I can move my gear fine. Gas is a little expensive though..

dave0549jv Guest

2011 VW GTI

200 horsepower direct injected turbocharged 2.0 liter 4 with a 6 speed manual and a limited slip differential. Win.

"You can take the kids to school comfortably, safely and practically. Then you can drive it home like you've sat on a wasp" - Jeremy Clarkson

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave0549jv View Post

2011 VW GTI

200 horsepower direct injected turbocharged 2.0 liter 4 with a 6 speed manual and a limited slip differential. Win.

"You can take the kids to school comfortably, safely and practically. Then you can drive it home like you've sat on a wasp" - Jeremy Clarkson
    Oh yea!!! Gotta love the VeeDubs!
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

Cool Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    2003 Subaru Legacy L Special, Sedan. 2.5 litre engine.

Love. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru and I love my Subaru
    Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    As do I Zeta....As do I. I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, 5 speed. I've totally replaced the sound system in it with a touchscreen dvd player, 10" sub, 600W amp, and new interior speakers. More mods to come, once i'm not so broke...
    You guys oughta get together with the Subaru marketing people--I always seem to see testimonials about how long their Subies last and, of course, how much they love them!

Meanwhile, the Hyundai camp has its members, including the 'bro...my 2001 Sonata 4-door has 142K miles on the clock and runs very well--despite having been totaled two weeks ago when a hit-and-run driver rear-ended it in front of the house! It is STILL driveable, but to repair the damage costs more than the car is worth on the used-car market...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    You guys oughta get together with the Subaru marketing people--I always seem to see testimonials about how long their Subies last and, of course, how much they love them!

Meanwhile, the Hyundai camp has its members, including the 'bro...my 2001 Sonata 4-door has 142K miles on the clock and runs very well--despite having been totaled two weeks ago when a hit-and-run driver rear-ended it in front of the house! It is STILL driveable, but to repair the damage costs more than the car is worth on the used-car market...
    Sorry about your car, bongobro

I finally got working papers (turned out to be a card) so I can start saving to get a car. Any suggestions?
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Kia Soul, and a Dodge Ram 2500

I love my truck!

*Disclaimer: This isn't my truck, but it's the same model and color.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

2008 holden rodeo turbo diesel ....i got a bonnet scoop just like a race car

User Info Menu

2005 Nissan Sentra, small, great on gas, but when I pay it off Im getting my dream car which is a BMW Z3 roadster!

User Info Menu

Itchie, when you gonna get a ute?
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

dave0549jv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Itchie, when you gonna get a ute?
    Maloo!

User Info Menu

2005 Toyota Fortuner 2.7 vti (with less than 50k on the clock cos im always away working) It was the biggest SUV I could find at the time; I have 2 great danes to cart around!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TURTLINATOR View Post
    Kia Soul, and a Dodge Ram 2500

I love my truck!

*Disclaimer: This isn't my truck, but it's the same model and color.
    Pretty nice, how many people can you fit in there? How many feet per gallon?
    Last edited by Russ; 05-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post

LOL

Now why would I do that when I have a Toyota Tacoma truck to carry my drums.

Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 05-27-2011 at 09:50 AM.

User Info Menu

2006 MazdaSpeed6 2.3 liter AWD turbo

2002 Chevy 1500 4x4 Sliverado ZR71

User Info Menu

Cool Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post

2008 holden rodeo turbo diesel ....i got a bonnet scoop just like a race car
    Must admit that looks like a Chevy Avalanche that shrank in the washing machine! Cool ute, mate!

And speaking of the Hyundai, don't feel TOO sorry for me. The following article, which was published this past Wednesday in the local newspaper, takes a slightly off-beat (pun intended) look at what happened!

IT’S NOT JUST A CAR, IT’S YOUR FREEDOM
    By
    Charles E. Geer (the formal name of the bongobro, BTW)

The copywriter of those old “Mr. Goodwrench” commercials nailed it with that classic line, “It’s not just a car, it’s your freedom.” Don’t believe me? Just go without your car for a week.

I relearned that one sunny morning when Angie (Mrs. 'bro) went out to get the paper. “Honey,” she yelled into the kitchen, “call the insurance agent. Someone hit your car during the night.”

The trunk lid of my Hyundai was shoved to the right, yet it opened. The left-hand tail light was knocked out of its mounting, but was unbroken. The bumper cover was wrenched 90 degrees, but it wasn’t torn off.

I called the police, my insurance agent, and my repair shop. The police found no clue linking the culprit to my car. The insurance agent went straight to work, as did the body men.

The next several days cried for a choreographer.

Angie’s work schedule and mine don’t match at all (I do mornings and evenings; she does nine-to-five). Now, mix in such things as laundry, grocery shopping, and baby-sitting our granddaughter Rosie. Most of the time, Angie had the car (and the freedom).

We researched alternatives: Begging relatives for rides. That worked. Taxicabs. That didn’t. Buses from Granite City to Collinsville? You can’t get there from here—-unless you go to Edwardsville, then double back to Collinsville.

Oh, and did I mention we had to convert a baby shower into an open house for our newborn grandson? Little JP arrived five weeks early, and there were more than a few trips to the hospital to see him (and to buy food, soda, gifts and preemie-size Huggies).

Hey, it wasn’t his fault he got tired of waiting inside Mommy—-he just wanted to be where the action is. Add that to the mix, and you have the makings of a side-splitting comedy (or a plain old splitting headache).

It this had been a TV commercial, this is where Bob Barker would appear from nowhere with “a new car!” However, this is where I had a head-on collision with reality. Eight hundred dollars separated the Hyundai’s repair estimate from its current used car resale value.

No matter that you installed four new tires and replaced the timing belt, a cracked windshield, and a broken rear-window regulator just weeks earlier. No matter that it didn’t look, sound or drive like a 10-year-old car with 142,000 miles on it. To the insurance company, it was a total loss.

To borrow from the Steve Miller tune, I “took the money and ran” ... straight to the bank. In due time, the Hyundai will rust in peace and its successor will take its place in the Geer driveway.

That could be quite a while. I drove it to O’Fallon, Missouri last night and it drove as if nothing had happened at all. By the way, it’s amazing what you can do with a roll of Gorilla Tape. The tail light is back in its usual position.

Black looks cool against maroon.
    Last edited by bongobro; 05-27-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: couldn't provide a direct link to my article!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

@bongobro, sorry about your car.

2010 Mazda 6s

Pearl Session Series 5 pc Drum Set
    Paiste 14" 502 hi hats, 16" 502 crash, 18" 2002 medium crash, 20" 502 ride, 10" PST5 splash, 8" 2002 chime
    LP Cowbell, 6" Toca tambourine

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

You can't have too many Paiste 2oo2's... that's always been my policy. - Dave Wilson

Back from a Dr. appointment. I'm still kickin' I WIN - Bish

User Info Menu

A crappy 2001 Chevy Blazer that should have been shot when it rolled off the assembly line! I keep praying that it #1. Catches on fire, or #2. Someone steals it. Bought it new and gave it to the Mrs. and it's now a hand me down back to me It was a lemon from day one. Only bad thing is that I can't tote drums on my Harley.

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by mayanrelic View Post
    2004 Pontiac Vibe. Perfect in size. Seats (including front passenger) lay completely flat to accommodate a full 6 piece drum set (plus an amp or two). Also has a roof rack for my surfboard and a standard electrical/outlet plug in!
    I agree! I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix, the mechanical twin.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sonorkid View Post
    A crappy 2001 Chevy Blazer that should have been shot when it rolled off the assembly line! I keep praying that it #1. Catches on fire, or #2. Someone steals it. Bought it new and gave it to the Mrs. and it's now a hand me down back to me It was a lemon from day one. Only bad thing is that I can't tote drums on my Harley.

sk
    Its funny to me that you this. My family has a '97 suburban (1 model before your blazer). It has near 200,000 miles on it, gone on every dirt road my father has seen, been to 48 of the united states, and is anything but a lemon lol. Right now its not working, but it needs a $300 fix to get it back to running like the monster its been since day 1
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Unhappy Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by sonorkid View Post

sk
    Those good old GM years and they always bragged about how good their vehicles where.