Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of car do you guys own?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by sonorkid View Post
    A crappy 2001 Chevy Blazer that should have been shot when it rolled off the assembly line! I keep praying that it #1. Catches on fire, or #2. Someone steals it. Bought it new and gave it to the Mrs. and it's now a hand me down back to me It was a lemon from day one. Only bad thing is that I can't tote drums on my Harley.

sk
    I had a 99 Blazer before my Jeep. It was the big pile of junk in all of North America. Everything that could fail on that car did. I hated it. Those were not good years for the Blazer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Its funny to me that you this. My family has a '97 suburban (1 model before your blazer). It has near 200,000 miles on it, gone on every dirt road my father has seen, been to 48 of the united states, and is anything but a lemon lol. Right now its not working, but it needs a $300 fix to get it back to running like the monster its been since day 1
    I always had pretty good luck with Chevys until this Blazer from hell came along. It would take a sizable post to list what I've had to do to keep this thing running. New catalytic converter, new heater core, the list goes on!

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Talking Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Its funny to me that you this. My family has a '97 suburban (1 model before your blazer). It has near 200,000 miles on it, gone on every dirt road my father has seen, been to 48 of the united states, and is anything but a lemon lol. Right now its not working, but it needs a $300 fix to get it back to running like the monster its been since day 1
    Sounds like you had some luck with this Suburban. It may not be a lemon but it is Gas Guzzler. My brother had one and that was the only complaint.

User Info Menu

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL -

The fold up rear seats are awesome for transporting drums, and anything else for that matter.

I also can be seen occasionally crusing in a
    1972 Chevy Camaro RS-350

No drums in this car though.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mayanrelic View Post
    2004 Pontiac Vibe. Perfect in size. Seats (including front passenger) lay completely flat to accommodate a full 6 piece drum set (plus an amp or two). Also has a roof rack for my surfboard and a standard electrical/outlet plug in!
    Hey, my dad just won an 05 Vibe on eBay! It's either mine or his depending on how he likes it. Good to know that it's got plenty of space... I'll be needing that for my drums in the future!
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

I have a 2001 BMW M3 and 2008 Ford F150

User Info Menu

I am not a Ford man but I couldnt pass on the deal my father in law<--(Ford man) got for us on an Explorer.It was a great vehicle so we got another one when the old one got rolled over,(black ice).This one has been great too,so far.I guess I must have got lucky from what I read here earlier.I fit my 5 piece drum kit in with room for one person and the 6 cylinder gives good mileage compared to my GMC`s 350.Then theres the "clown car" I bought for my daughter.A Dodge Neon that I have to get down on my hands and knees to get into.When I drive it,I feel like the Shriners who drive those funny little cars,hence the name.Its great on gas but is so small you cant change your mind in it.To get lots of room and good gas mileage you need to go Hydrogen imo.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CollinCo.Drummer View Post
    2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL -

The fold up rear seats are awesome for transporting drums, and anything else for that matter.

I also can be seen occasionally crusing in a
    1972 Chevy Camaro RS-350

Sweet man! The 72-73 Camaros were awesome!!!

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    I am not a Ford man but I couldnt pass on the deal my father in law<--(Ford man) got for us on an Explorer.It was a great vehicle so we got another one when the old one got rolled over,(black ice).This one has been great too,so far.I guess I must have got lucky from what I read here earlier.I fit my 5 piece drum kit in with room for one person and the 6 cylinder gives good mileage compared to my GMC`s 350.Then theres the "clown car" I bought for my daughter.A Dodge Neon that I have to get down on my hands and knees to get into.When I drive it,I feel like the Shriners who drive those funny little cars,hence the name.Its great on gas but is so small you cant change your mind in it.To get lots of room and good gas mileage you need to go Hydrogen imo.
    That's why they call them neons cause you hit your knee on this and you hit your knee on that. LOL

User Info Menu

Want to race Sonor Kid LOL
    2008 Tacoma TRD Sport

1973 Challenger

User Info Menu

Cool Re: What kind of car do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by CollinCo.Drummer View Post
    ...I also can be seen occasionally crusing in a
    1972 Chevy Camaro RS-350

Aw c'mon, man, you could always safety-belt congas in the back seat and shoehorn da bongos in the trunk (at least I would)

...those '70 1/2-'73 Camaros were among the best-lookin' rides of their day! (BTW, the '72 Camaro and Firebird were almost THE LAST Camaros and Firebirds ever built; between the 1971 GM strike and a prolonged strike in 1972 at the Norwood, OH plant that built the F-bodies -- Camaro and Firebird -- GM came thisclose to killing off the lines altogether. Cooler heads prevailed...)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thanks, I tend to like them too. I love the 1st gens, but they are so expensive to buy and restore, I need some cash left over for more drums!
    My brother and I spent 11 years on this one, it's so much fun to get it out on the road.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

I myself like the 68-70's muscle cars. There where so many good cars back then not like today. I remember as a teenager just watching those beautiful machines go by and doing burn outs and racing one another from light to light man those where the good old days. Dart Swingers, Roadrunners, Camaros, GTO's, HemiCuda's, Chargers, Eliminators, Challengers, Rebels ( AMC), Commandos ( Ford), Dusters, Demons, TransAms, GTX, Torino GT's etc. Man that brings back memories of my youth and I miss that alot.

User Info Menu

Earlier this week I traded in my Ford Expedition...and drove this beast right off the showroom floor!!

DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

blacknzr1 Guest

suzuki wagon
    commodore 5.7 ltr
    yzf-r1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    Earlier this week I traded in my Ford Expedition...and drove this beast right off the showroom floor!!

Nice rig!

User Info Menu

Good news... Getting my mom's 05 PT Cruiser when i'm 17. Free of charge... XD

My dad didn't like the Pontiac Vibe too much so he ended up not getting it.
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

well, my daily driver is a 2002 Ford Ranger Fx4 LVL II. has the 4.0L V6, 4.10LS, 31x10.5x15 tires, alcoa wheels, A freaking beast for offroad, I LOVE IT! just not the gas mileage (16.5mpg).

my drum hauler is 2006 Kia Sportage, V6, 2wd...my kit fits in it like a glove

and the weekend toy (my favorite) is a 1972 Chevy Nova with the 350, 3 speed automatic, all original (matching numbers), and 92k original miles. it was my grandmothers and now mine

Live Well, Drum Well
    Pearl Vision SST Champagne Sparkle

User Info Menu

a ford for a toyota......
    ....good man!!!

here are pics of my 1rst generation tundra. i have lot of self-made stuff because i hate direct bolt-ons. if any questions, please ask in a private message.

wow i need a new picture of the motor.
    Last edited by DamageDrummer; 06-24-2011 at 01:10 AM.

User Info Menu

A 2011 Ford Explorer Limited, a 2006 Mercedes E350, a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, a 2008 Mercedes GL450 and a 2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Nice rig!
    Thanks brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    a ford for a toyota......
    ....good man!!!

here are pics of my 1rst generation tundra. i have lot of self-made stuff because i hate direct bolt-ons. if any questions, please ask in a private message.

Thanks man, amazing trucks...I've wanted one for a good while now, and yours is awesome!!

wow i need a new picture of the motor.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Thanks man, amazing trucks...I've wanted one for a good while now, and yours is awesome!!
    they are nice machines, while i was at the dealer i looked inside a couple of 2011 tundras and sequoias. they are huge man!

much better picture of my tundra's motor.

User Info Menu

i dont drive a car at the moment... some of you might remember that i used to own a motorbike, but had to sell it and get something cheaper, and after 2 years of unemployment i still hav'nt gotten a car og motorbike, i could, but for now i dont want to, the weather is perfect and i love riding my bike, and my moped (yeah i traded down with the moped instead of motorbike)

i remember my first and only car though... it was a citroën 2CV, i got it when i turned 18 and had gotten my licens.. i loved that car, but the darn thing broke in half some time ago... and i got the motorbike licens and drove those ever since... but now beeing a bit older i thing im gonna get a car, and mayby a small motorbike...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    they are nice machines, while i was at the dealer i looked inside a couple of 2011 tundras and sequoias. they are huge man!

much better picture of my tundra's motor.
    Bro, for Friday night's gig I was able to fit 6 drums (including a 24"kick), double pedal case, hi hat, stick bag, kick drum mic stand, and my SKB cymbal vault...ALL IN THE BACK SEAT!!! lol

REALLY big back there. the only things that had to go in the bed were the SKB hardware case (aka, the coffin), and my SKB mic case. I will be getting a hydraulic/locking bed cover next year, they are pretty expensive.

And it looks like you have done a few mods...maybe? lol That's a really sweet shot!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Yeah! I agree I love those Toyotas cause I own the Tacoma Sport TRD and love it. I wanted a Tundra but too big for what I need.