Thread: In Ear Monitors

User Info Menu

Arrow In Ear Monitors

So my Bose Triport's have died. Nothing coming through the right ear. Lasted me a good 2.5years, the last 12 months as my monitors of choice.
    So I searched around, read loads of reviews, etc and have settled on a set of SoundMAGIC PL50's to replace them. They come with the Comply foam buds which have been recommended to me before now.

They should arrive tomorrow, intime for a full test at practice on Saturday - so review to follow...
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

Default Re: In Ear Monitors

Do ya think it was a wiring thing that failed? My M-audio IE-30's have a detachable/ replaceable cable, but they're not cheap, but they also have dual drivers in them.....

User Info Menu

Possibly, my last couple of sessions with them it would crackle back into life if I gave the cable a wiggle but now totally deceased. The M-Audio would be way higher up the scale of IEM's, nice piece of kit!
    ~BWB~

User Info Menu

due to tinnitus, i've really had to invest in hearing protection, so to that end, i also had custom ear molds made that fit onto them, and give me a pretty snug fit and real good isolation.Add another $100.....

User Info Menu

looking forward to seeing them
    'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out in your drumming'

MAPEX: Meridian Maple >YAMAHA: rock tour >Pearl Chad smith signature snare >Sabian-Zildjian-Paiste

User Info Menu

Received them today and first impressions are excellent! Small and light, comfy foam earbuds and over-ear loops so you don't pull on the cable. Sound stage is wide, bass deep and punchy, mids and voices crisp and tight. Only listened to iPod with them so far. Will post more tomorrow after band practice.

Did a quick comparison with my old Sennheiser cx500's and the PL50's are a huge improvement, my music has come alive!!
    ~BWB~

User Info Menu

They certainly look quality! youve freed the music from the restraints of sound quality :P
    'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out in your drumming'

MAPEX: Meridian Maple >YAMAHA: rock tour >Pearl Chad smith signature snare >Sabian-Zildjian-Paiste

User Info Menu

Perhaps the cable was damaged.. Is there any way you could test it?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments