Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christians That Are In Metal Bands.....

User Info Menu

Default Christians That Are In Metal Bands.....

I thought this was cool so I wanted to share:

Anthrax - Dan Spitz
    Accept - Peter Baltes
    Saliva -Josey Scott
    Blind Guardian - Hansi Kursch
    Helloween - Andi Deris and Michael Weikath
    Iron Maiden - Nicko McBrain
    Avian - Lance King
    Shadow Gallery, Magnitude 9, Dream Theater, Alice Cooper (who himself is a Christian), Savatage
    All That Remains - Philip Labonte
    Megadeth - Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson.
    Other bands, such as Killswitch Engage [2] and Linkin Park [3] have members who were raised in Christian homes, thus occasionally using spiritual themes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick

Anthrax - Dan Spitz
    Accept - Peter Baltes
    Saliva -Josey Scott
    Avian - Lance King
    Shadow Gallery, Magnitude 9, Dream Theater, Alice Cooper (who himself is a Christian), Savatage
    Other bands, such as Killswitch Engage [2] and Linkin Park [3] have members who were raised in Christian homes, thus occasionally using spiritual themes.
    Oh no! They're springing up everywhere!

Being a Christian has never been about a specific job. Just a desire to follow Jesus, and to live the life that he taught.

Thanks, DC.

User Info Menu

I thought it was cool because typically being in a metal band is not conducive with a Christian lifestyle. It’s a job filled primarily of sex and drugs, not all the time but sex and drugs are very apparent in the metal genre….. So to be a Christian in a metal band, IMO, is pretty cool……..

User Info Menu

I thought it was cool because typically being in a metal band is not conducive with a Christian lifestyle. It’s a job filled primarily of sex and drugs, not all the time but sex and drugs are very apparent in the metal genre….. So to be a Christian in a metal band, IMO, is pretty cool……..
    Agreed! Certainly wasn't laughing at you, DC. If I did that, you being ex-military and all, I think you could take me!

Seriously, though, I think it's cool to find Christians in metal bands, too. You know, there were Christians in rock bands, too. Even with all the sex, drug, and rock and roll, they managed to live their lives. Some pretty heavy ex-rockers are now Christians, too.

User Info Menu

Nah, I'd never do anything to harm you PB (well maybe not)......

User Info Menu

Sex and Drugs are pretty common in a lot of musical Genres. Being in several Jazz bands over the years I've seen a lot of Jazzers using Pot, and cocaine, and picking up strange women after the shows, etc. It isn't the Genre of the music, that you play, but how you choose to live your life that's important. Lots of temptation out there to go around.

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting it DC thats really really interesting.

User Info Menu

Anthrax - Dan Spitz
    Accept - Peter Baltes
    Saliva -Josey Scott
    Avian - Lance King

Wow thats very cool, alot of people think that Maybard James Keenan from Tool is a christian if you read the lyrical content on several of the songs on the new album, it really makes you wonder???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Wow thats very cool, alot of people think that Maybard James Keenan from Tool is a christian if you read the lyrical content on several of the songs on the new album, it really makes you wonder???
    Nah, that guys isn't a Christian, check this out:

Finding Jesus
    On April 1, 2005, Keenan announced as an April Fool's joke - to the shock of many of his fans and friends - that he had "found jesus [sic]" and would be abandoning the recording of the new Tool album temporarily and possibly permanently.

Kurt Loder of MTV contacted Keenan via email to ask for a confirmation and received a very nonchalant confirmation. When Loder asked again, Keenan's response was simply "heh heh." Loder also noted that Keenan had not capitalized Jesus, uncommon for someone who had just converted to Christianity.

On April 7, the official Tool site announced that the gag was up with the statement; "Good news, April fools fans. The writing and recording is back under way." When approached for comment on his recent encounter with the "Son of God," Keenan said, "That guy's a punk!"[2]

User Info Menu

Yeah, the idea that Maynard James Keenan is a christian is a bit far fetched. He uses religious imagery to be sure, although it is usually negative. From what I can gather Tool as a whole are actually pretty far into the Occult and things like that, hence the symbols on Danny's kit. Also the song "Prying Open my Third Eye" is a reference to a specific beleif that relates to Hinduism apparenlty, but is not Hindu. 46 & 2 is another song that has a religious or occult theme to it. There was a website that actually had the meaning of all these songs on it. I'll see if I can find it again.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Nah, can't seem to find it anymore, although one thing that did keep popping up was "Jungian" - not sure what that is.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Yeah, the idea that Maynard James Keenan is a christian is a bit far fetched. He uses religious imagery to be sure, although it is usually negative. From what I can gather Tool as a whole are actually pretty far into the Occult and things like that, hence the symbols on Danny's kit. Also the song "Prying Open my Third Eye" is a reference to a specific beleif that relates to Hinduism apparenlty, but is not Hindu. 46 & 2 is another song that has a religious or occult theme to it. There was a website that actually had the meaning of all these songs on it. I'll see if I can find it again.
    Actually Danny is the really wierd one out of the bunch, or should I say the religous one, if you read up on danny beliefs and what he is into would really scare ya, Maynard is bizarre but most of that is really for show, but seriously read the lyrics to the new album, maynard really writes some very interesting stuff, speaking of going to heaven, changing his ways, well I don't want to screw-up what he has written but I am tellin ya, it is in his lyrics of the NEW album, his old stuff is indeed pretty sacreligous, but everone can change, that is the power of god.

User Info Menu

Well, that is older metal, that was before metal was AHHHHHHH *Insert screaming here* like maiden, maiden was storys, im suprised Nicko was the only Christian in that group

User Info Menu

ya know what would be funny?
    if someone put lombardo or some other guy from slayer in that list.
    or better yet jimmy paige just to shake things up a bit.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    ya know what would be funny?
    if someone put lombardo or some other guy from slayer in that list.
    or better yet jimmy paige just to shake things up a bit.

well actually Ringo, Tom ( lead singer from Slayer ) is Catholic. but just because someone is Christian that doesnt mean they live by the Bible.

User Info Menu

You've got a point there, LW80. Quite frankly, most Christians are simply doing the best that they can. There are alcoholic Christians, drug using Christians, hating Christians, you name it they come in all shapes and sizes. That's why churches can more accurately be describes as "hospitals for sinners." Churches aren't for the perfect, because no one is, even . . . dare I say . . . the pastors!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    You've got a point there, LW80. Quite frankly, most Christians are simply doing the best that they can. There are alcoholic Christians, drug using Christians, hating Christians, you name it they come in all shapes and sizes. That's why churches can more accurately be describes as "hospitals for sinners." Churches aren't for the perfect, because no one is, even . . . dare I say . . . the pastors!
    I completely agree with you, doesnt matter your gender, sexual preference, religion, or anything no one is better than another. I love your view man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen
    I completely agree with you, doesnt matter your gender, sexual preference, religion, or anything no one is better than another. I love your view man.
    I to agree.

User Info Menu

BTW, I noticed that nobody challenged the ascertion that pastor aren't perfect. I'm very hurt!

User Info Menu

Ahh... Somebody beat me to it. Slayer's singer is a Catholic.

Don't forget that most of Black Sabbath are now Christians as well.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Good old AS I!!!!

so is POD but thats more nu metal.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Ahh... Somebody beat me to it. Slayer's singer is a Catholic.

Don't forget that most of Black Sabbath are now Christians as well.

HB58
    You are kiddin right? Tom Araya writes some pretty nasty stuff.

Black sabbath who?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80
    well actually Ringo, Tom ( lead singer from Slayer ) is Catholic. but just because someone is Christian that doesnt mean they live by the Bible.
    You also have to remember that just because someone is Catholic doesn't mean they are a Christian.........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Amen, I go to the hospital every Sunday and Tuesday........

User Info Menu

I need to go more often..