Thread: DD501 cable

User Info Menu

Default DD501 cable

Hi all.
    Total noob here. I just bought a dd501 electronic kit on ebay that is missing its cables. I have managed to sort out most of the connections but Im still battling with the hi-hat and pedal. The cables are grouped together to a db25 plug in the brain so its not just a simple case of plugging things in and seeing what happens. Does anybody have a pin-out diagram for the plugs. If not, can someone with a dd501 and a multimeter please just check which connections for the hi-hat and pedal go to which pins on the main connector so I can duplicate this.
    I would really appreciate it as Im keen to start learning drums.

User Info Menu

Default Re: DD501 cable

Hey there, welcome to drumchat weownthesky. Unfortunately, I don't own the kit myself so as to give set up tips and take pictures, but I did find the owners manual. Have you checked it out yet? It shows some of the ins and outs of the module and kit, which could help get you set up.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hi OwnTheSky,

I do know that the DD501 is made by a company called Medeli and branded under different names by many companies. this should broaden your search a little. But, if i remember rightly the DD501 cable is exactly the same as the Alesis DM6 so i am sure you will be able to get a spare from Alesis in the UK.

Hope this helps you?
    MikeTheDrums

bloke Guest

email support, they should be able to provide some assistance.
    sales@medeli.com.hk; lukeming@medeli.com; gexinghua@medeli.com