Thread: M Audio Interface

User Info Menu

Default M Audio Interface

Anyone here have any experience with M Audio equipment, specifically the Fast Track Ultra USB 2.0? Big box store has it for $299. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: M Audio Interface

I have the Fast Track Ultra 8r and it works flawlessly with my setup... always best to check out the user forums at M Audio and whatever DAW you're using before shelling out the cash.
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

FYI you will be using the M powered pro tools not Pro tools 9. They are not compatible with each other. This might not matter to you but just need all of the facts to make an educated decision.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nucjd View Post
    FYI you will be using the M powered pro tools not Pro tools 9. They are not compatible with each other. This might not matter to you but just need all of the facts to make an educated decision.
    I don't think you need M-powered versions anymore with Pro Tools 9... can't you use Pro Tools 9 with just about any Core Audio or ASIO-compatible interface? or even stand-alone?
    I know you can upgrade and crossgrade from MP versions to the full version of Pro Tools 9. I had not heard that M-Audio stuff was not compatible with Pro Tools 9.. that just seems odd.. especially since M-Audio is Avid.
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

ive got a m audio 2626 and just crossgraded from pro tools le to pro tools 9 (id already bought a mbox mini) and it works perfectly with pro tools 9 after installing all the correct drivers so that should be the same i believe just make sure you have a separate usb slot for your ilok :D
    | Yamaha Stage Custom | Sabian AAX | Dream |

User Info Menu

only issue is limited inputs and no expansion for extra channels ,other wise solid interface

supports pritty much all the main DAWS too .....so your not limited to pro tools

User Info Menu

Thanks all. As far as inputs, etc., I think it will fill the needs.

User Info Menu

I guess it has been changed now. A bit odd that Avid has announced M-powered protools 9 for m audio recently. It makes since though since they went "native".

User Info Menu

I have an M audio fast track interface I use to record guitars with a mic held against the cab. It's great for that, I have no idea about recording drums with it though, I'd like to hear some examples!

User Info Menu

me and my guitarist just bought this interface. just today we finally got a recording on the computer. the only complaints i have with it so far is that the programs are not very user friendly at first.

i also have a question about this interface. there are four (three pronged) inputs in the back, and two more that are a smaller size (not three pronged) is there any way to get drum mics going into these two inputs? I have a digital reference 7 mic set also.

User Info Menu

you will need an extra preamp for some gain ..but you might still get away with a balanced 1/4 inch mic lead

also the mic inputs on the back don't have phantom power so save it for a instrument mic ,iv once used it to record guitar once with a sm57 it worked all right