Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets see those Drum Tattoos

User Info Menu

Default Lets see those Drum Tattoos

A lot of people have tattoos these days,so by thinning it down some,I thought Id ask to just see the drum related ones.I`ll start off by showing mine.

On top I had a Celtic never ending knot in the Sacred Heart put on because my ancestors were Celtic from what Ive been told and I am Catholic and part Irish.The Sacred Heart signifies Jesus` love for humanity.To me this shows God over all because it is over my family and talent below.

The flaming sticks were going to have a skull over them but I changed my mind after some thought.My childrens names were put under the sticks and my wifes name was put under it all not only for symmetry but because she is the foundation of us all.She said if we ever get divorced,she is taking her name off my arm with a knife.Now that would sting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Lets see those Drum Tattoos

Well, at least you know where you stand with the wife!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

No doubt.When I asked for her hand in marriage her father said,"Yes,you may marry her,but Ive got a Long Tom shotgun in the bedroom and don`t try bringing her back!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skillful Kai View Post
    HEY!! i like that one! very cool
    Zildjian-Gretsch-Remo
    "drumming is about time and I'm still having a good time!"

User Info Menu

That's cool. I've got a few tattoos but none drum related.

User Info Menu

Love them both! The paradiddle was very creative, and the one above it says it all. Drums and family are great. By the way, you can see some more tattoos in this thread.
    Last edited by Russ; 06-09-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thanks Russ.I can never seem to make searches work right no matter what forum Im in.I should have included all Tats because there is some very good art here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

My drum teacher has a pretty sweet one on his leg, its a whole kit in fire and vines, but it might be a bit creepy taking a picture of his leg.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    A lot of people have tattoos these days,so by thinning it down some,I thought Id ask to just see the drum related ones.I`ll start off by showing mine.

On top I had a Celtic never ending knot in the Sacred Heart put on because my ancestors were Celtic from what Ive been told and I am Catholic and part Irish.The Sacred Heart signifies Jesus` love for humanity.To me this shows God over all because it is over my family and talent below.

The flaming sticks were going to have a skull over them but I changed my mind after some thought.My childrens names were put under the sticks and my wifes name was put under it all not only for symmetry but because she is the foundation of us all.She said if we ever get divorced,she is taking her name off my arm with a knife.Now that would sting!

Sorry to say but it is bad luck to put anyone's name on a tattoo. Nice tattoo though.

User Info Menu

Sorry to say but it is bad luck to put anyone's name on a tattoo. Nice tattoo though.
    Never heard that one before.I dont ever plan on getting a divorce,but stranger things have happened.We will have 20 years together September 14th of this year.If I had a Tat with an upside down Horseshoe,my luck might run out,or a Green Harley,(the death color).I dont believe in luck,just divine intervention.I hope I prove you wrong!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

If I had a Tat with an upside down Horseshoe,my luck might run out,or a Green Harley,(the death color).
    Hey, I had a green Harley. Nothing wrong with it.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Lets see those Drum Tattoos

Never heard that one before.I dont ever plan on getting a divorce,but stranger things have happened.We will have 20 years together September 14th of this year.If I had a Tat with an upside down Horseshoe,my luck might run out,or a Green Harley,(the death color).I dont believe in luck,just divine intervention.I hope I prove you wrong!
    I understand Melissa's observations, Tim!

Ever wondered why Lee Trevino often wore a bandage on his arm during televised golf tournaments? The "Merry Mex" used the bandage to cover up...

the name of his EX-wife!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post

Hey that's pretty cool.. Is that second seperate seat? I've only seen the kind where they both share one long one, and the girl is supposed to hold onto something not to fall off. It looks like there are some bar grips on the side?
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

No you did'nt, cause I have seen it done so many times. People falling in love putting their sweethearts name on their arm and a year later she's gone so he goes find a girl close to the name he had on or ad a letter etc. Back in the 60's when guys would put anything on their arms just to look tough or whatever reason and now regret it. I know alot of the tattoos today is a fad and I see them all the time but I would never do that to my body cause it is there for life and it cost a fortune to remove. I agree with you one way and don't in another. I am not saying that you will in particular have bad luck but it happens. I hope I proved you wrong.

User Info Menu

Sweet ride Bish.Its an old biker legend that anyone who rides a Green Harley is a crazy...fella, and because the color is associated with death for whoever owns and rides one.I think it originated from the old O.D.(Olive Drab)green Army Harleys.Those guys already saw Hell,so whats left?Bring it on!

The first Hells Angels were ex servicemen,flyboys from Cali. I think,and formed the club because of their common interests and ideals.I think serious bike racing came out about this time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.

User Info Menu

I've always wanted an Ultra Classic. My wife thinks they are hideous.

User Info Menu

That is a nice looking Harley.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

^^ Now there's a few hours work right there!!
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I bet this tat cost significantly more then the set its picturing.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Amazing.. Too bad he can't see it without a camera though.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

My Drum's Tattoo:

User Info Menu

Dang! I had no idea drummer had tats like that.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Dang! I had no idea drummer had tats like that.
    I would never ruin my perfect, chiseled body with garbage like that.