Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drumming.com on Facebook

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Drumming.com on Facebook

Hi everyone,
    I know we've been a little Facebook happy lately but we're seizing the opportunity to reach out through social media to connect to the larger drumming community. We've started a new Facebook page here that will encompass many things drumming related, not just drum chat. We'd be grateful if you'd consider visiting the page and clicking on the LIKE button.

Drumming.com on Facebook

Thanks and we hope to see you there!
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Drumming.com on Facebook

Liked.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumming.com on Facebook

I've been spreading the word regarding DrumChat on Facebook, so consider my daily civic duty DONE

I'd like some pork rinds now as rightful payment

Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Smith View Post

I'd like some pork rinds now as rightful payment
    ... Drum Bum thanks you!

User Info Menu

liked!!and posted to me wall
    im human,and im a dancer!!

User Info Menu

Liking...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Someone put me on facebook last year, and, to be honest, I couldn't get off it fast enough.

User Info Menu

I liked it just a minute ago.

(I still like it.)
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    I liked it just a minute ago.

(I still like it.)

I was getting way too many e-mails from people I didn't even know.

It's a young persons thing, I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do, let alone answering 15 e-mails a day along with the 10 to 20 I get on a normal day.

User Info Menu

That's the terrible thing about notifications, haha. Trust me, young people hate it too. I think you can turn them off in settings.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotATable View Post
    That's the terrible thing about notifications, haha. Trust me, young people hate it too. I think you can turn them off in settings.

I'm off it now, and thankfully so. If I want to talk to someone, I pick up my phone.

User Info Menu

Consider it liked. Plus you might see some of my other drummer friends that I chat with when I'm not on here. There's a few, lol.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I was getting way too many e-mails from people I didn't even know.

It's a young persons thing, I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do, let alone answering 15 e-mails a day along with the 10 to 20 I get on a normal day.
    Wow! I was just called a young person... THANK YOU! lol

I'm retired and do have time for FB and a few drum forums. Facebook is partly responsible for the contacts that have allowed me to hold clinics locally, so it's been worth my time.

-Mike

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Some putz added me to a group on fb. Worst thing is it was done without my permission. It got deleted
    Soul Wanderer
    Skald
    Vǫlva

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    Wow! I was just called a young person... THANK YOU! lol

I'm retired and do have time for FB and a few drum forums. Facebook is partly responsible for the contacts that have allowed me to hold clinics locally, so it's been worth my time.

I glad FB works for you.

I don't need contacts. After 35 years on the road, I have all the contacts I need.

I don't do clinics, I have a couple of more advanced drummers that I show stuff to once in a while. So FB, for me, was a annoyance.

I know I'm in the minority, but my friends stay in touch by phone or e-mail, and if I have some friends over for a evening, and I find out it was spread all over FB, they are history. Thankfully that hasn't happened as most of my close friends are in my age brackett (60+) and being brought up in the 60's, there weren't things like this around.

So, if FB works for you, I'm happy for you, and I mean that with absolutely no sarcasm intended, but, for me, I can't be bothered.

User Info Menu

+1

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    i glad fb works for you.

I don't need contacts. After 35 years on the road, i have all the contacts i need.

I don't do clinics, i have a couple of more advanced drummers that i show stuff to once in a while. So fb, for me, was a annoyance.

I know i'm in the minority, but my friends stay in touch by phone or e-mail, and if i have some friends over for a evening, and i find out it was spread all over fb, they are history. Thankfully that hasn't happened as most of my close friends are in my age brackett (60+) and being brought up in the 60's, there weren't things like this around.

So, if fb works for you, i'm happy for you, and i mean that with absolutely no sarcasm intended, but, for me, i can't be bothered.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    +1
    I worked crazy hours for thirty years and played as a weekend warrior all of that time. I made contacts in the different cities in which I lived over that time, but now there are a lot of people I've gotten to know outside those areas. I've met many of them in person since my retirement as we've traveled.

As for doing clinics, I wasn't refering to doing them myself. I was refering to hosting them and having Stanton Moore, Daniel Glass and Hannah Ford in to play at the clinics I host. I used Facebook as a way to contact these players and bring them to town.

In any case, it works for me. I'm just saying that I've had positive experiences that have come from Facebook. Some of us enjoy it and some don't.
    -Mike

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Liked

User Info Menu

liked :D
    *TAMA-PEARL-REMO-EVANS-PAISTE- SABIAN-ZILDJIAN-VATER*

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPbizzle?feature=mhw5

User Info Menu

done
    To become a great drummer first you must be humble enough to learn

My set up

Mapex Meridian Birch - Transparent Walnut

20x22 Bass
    10x7 & 12x8 Rack
    14x12 & 16x14 Floor

Chad Smith signature Snare

User Info Menu

At this point Facebook is the biggest cheapest piece of media available to everyone so feel free to push it as much as possible.

User Info Menu

Liked here!
    "When in doubt, roll" ------ Bill Bruford

Now, to the drums!

User Info Menu

No brainer... Liked.
    Eddie

User Info Menu

Thanks I did
    Kreg
    First concert the Beatles 1966
    Love to rock and roll with my set of Rogers

User Info Menu

I hate fb like Rick mentioned you get too many e-mail everyone's friends wants to be your friend. I think it is a younger generation thing not mine.