Thread: time for new pedals?

User Info Menu

Default time for new pedals?

I have a stock pedal that came with my set.
    it's become very sluggish to the point where i just get mad and stop playing.
    any suggestions?
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Yea dude new pedal. Im playing with stock pedals right now too, and i am very unhappy with them also so im buying a new double pedal really soon

User Info Menu

Try some additional settings, tighter spring adjustment, if you can adjust the cam try that, if you can adjust the beater angle do that, if all is unadjustable and the springs are tight as can go, then junk it and go buy a new pedal.

User Info Menu

trust me ddrum it's a piece of crap, i've had the pedal for over 7 months now and i've tried everything.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    trust me ddrum it's a piece of crap, i've had the pedal for over 7 months now and i've tried everything.
    Well then I'd have to say TOSS'EM

User Info Menu

what about a double pedal.
    i've heard very good things about the tama iron cobras, then again with the flying dragons, but also with pearl's power shifters and eliminators. what's the best for a drummer with not so much money.

User Info Menu

Probably about what you said. All those pedals are intermediate/semi-pro pedals that won't break your bank.

I myself am going to invest in some Pearl Eliminators when I have some money.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

if I wasnt so hung over today I would be at Billy Hydes now looking around! Cant wait to have a feel around on some doubles. Coz of my budget I will be looking at the Eliminators and Cobras also

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    what about a double pedal.
    i've heard very good things about the tama iron cobras, then again with the flying dragons, but also with pearl's power shifters and eliminators. what's the best for a drummer with not so much money.
    For the money probably the yamaha's, but the eliminator are good as well, well so are the cobras, BUT for my money I would get the DW7000 or DW5000 if you can go that high.

User Info Menu

maybe i'll get the cobras

User Info Menu

eliminators off ebay. 600$ AU off memory. which would be..... 450-500 american :S (rought conversion in head)

Again i shal voice. I love those pedals (even though never used) I havent seena nything in such a great design.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I had even less of a bufget :/

For EXREME budget stuff, i reccomend The Big Dog double bass pedals, which give decent response and speed for £130.

I asked at a course i went on, and they were strongly recomended for cheap budgets.

To my dissapointment, i recently found that Dw bought out the 7002PZ for only £120

I really wanted some Dw's...

>.<

User Info Menu

Though only a single pedal, I tried a new type made by Gibraltar in the store the other day. It's called the CATAPULT LINEAR MOTION BASS DRUM PEDAL.
    It felt great to play on, and it sells for a little over $100.00. Anyone else tried or played on one? What did you think?

User Info Menu

I own a single elimanator, and it is brilliant, and i have tried DW 5000s, Iron Cobras and more. But i went to the shop, and found that tinkering with the Eliminator really got me going, and it was really responsive, just perfect for my style!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

If your on a big budget, and you want a good pedal, then screw the idea of a double pedal now, stick with a single iron cobra for 120$ american

But if you want a double, i use the PDP 402, and i havnt had any problems with it yet, got it for 90$ on sale at guitarcenter back in january

User Info Menu

i think my mom and i will have to talk this out
    but thanks guys