Thread: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

User Info Menu

Default Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Thanks for discontinuing the Superstars with the good finish Tama. I wasnt gonna buy it or anything... T.T Seriously that yellow and black finish was seeeeexxxxyyy. The finishes on the other superstars arent that amazing...
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

You mean this finish?

Yes, I agree.....very sexy!

User Info Menu

Yes. Cant get it now. Im amazed at the blandness of the other ones...
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-SP Hardware
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

I would think you still can get it through backstock. Check various retailers online, someone is bound to have that set in the finish you want. You did mention it was recently discontinued, so chances are not everybody has cleared them out yet. Heck you can still get some stuff from years ago that other companies made, it just depends on what's popular and selling.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

+1 on backstock. Troll GC and SA and see what's available. It'll probably even be cheaper now since it's been discontinued.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Will do. I already emailed. MF about it and they said they might be able to get it for me.

-SP Hardware
    -PST5 Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Constinator25 View Post
    Will do. I already emailed. MF about it and they said they might be able to get it for me.
    Awesome man! MF's customer service seems to have improved a fair bit over the years, I remember once getting denied a kit because they said it was on back order. Somehow that back order was over 4 months, so they cancelled my order but it took awhile to get all my money back. At this point I was frustrated with them, and in addition i've occasionally gotten bad remo heads sent to me that actually split under medium tuning and light playing. Hearing some good stuff on them is really nice though, almost restores my trust completely.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Awesome man! MF's customer service seems to have improved a fair bit over the years, I remember once getting denied a kit because they said it was on back order. Somehow that back order was over 4 months, so they cancelled my order but it took awhile to get all my money back. At this point I was frustrated with them, and in addition i've occasionally gotten bad remo heads sent to me that actually split under medium tuning and light playing. Hearing some good stuff on them is really nice though, almost restores my trust completely.
    Well they haven't done it yet... If I cant get it then Ill probably get the 5 piece pack in that finish, and find an extra floor tom somewhere. Im sorry but that finish is too good to pass up at that price...

-SP Hardware
    -PST5 Cymbals

User Info Menu

Yeah that finish is pretty amazing...

I got really lucky. I think they discontinued that finish starting in January 2010 and I got mine in December 09.
    Matt