Thread: Aggressive Self-Promotion

User Info Menu

Default Aggressive Self-Promotion

Due to some members using this forum primarily for self-promotion, we had to add a clause to our Forum Rules that addresses this:

Self-Promotion:

While we allow signature links that promote your band, we do not allow Drum Chat to be used as a vehicle to promote your individual web pages or YouTube channels. You may post videos within Drum Chat but you may not make posts such as, "Go to my You Tube channel.", etc. If we find that most of your posts are relating to self-promotion, you may be banned from the forum. DrumChat is it's own community and we wish to grow this community within itself, with our dedicated members.

Newer members should make sure they have read the Forum Rules as every forum is different.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Aggressive Self-Promotion

I was wondering when that would stop. Some of them only post once or twice, but it stays on their signatures and remains searchable via member list. What about if say, all your posts/threads are of your band or covers of your drumming that you're trying to show off? Can you still keep your band page on sig?
    Last edited by Russ; 06-16-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I like this. What annoys me the most is the guys who ONLY post their videos and don't interact in any other way with the forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I like this. What annoys me the most is the guys who ONLY post their videos and don't interact in any other way with the forum.
    That annoys me too as they don't equally contribute. That's why I asked admin if we could make a change to the rules so that it's clearly defined.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    What about if say, all your posts/threads are of your band or covers of your drumming that you're trying to show off? Can you still keep your band page on sig?
    We don't want the forum used just for promotion or self-interest. If someone is only here for that reason, we'll politely ask them to stop.

User Info Menu

.02...don't have to worry 'bout me, however, this would be a good time to start a new practice thread....well, maybe not.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Hey that reminds me, I want you all to check out my great videos.

http://www.youtube.com/greatdrummer

I'll see you all in 10 months!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Rose View Post
    Hey that reminds me, I want you all to check out my great videos.

http://www.youtube.com/greatdrummer

I'll see you all in 10 months!
    is that how long you will be banned for?
    banned for bad jokes? bad nonexistent videos?

User Info Menu

I is teh greatest evahh!!!
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

agreed+1

it took me a couple times reading through this to figure out what admin was really talking about. but now it makes sense to me, and is totally legit.

because when i read it for the first time, i thought it was something different, and i had steam coming out of my ears!

User Info Menu

Hey check out my band! Catch ya on the flip side!

Narration: One year later..

Hey guys, we just got back from tour! Listen and buy our new single, EATING THE RAIN!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    agreed+1

it took me a couple times reading through this to figure out what admin was really talking about. but now it makes sense to me, and is totally legit.

because when i read it for the first time, i thought it was something different, and i had steam coming out of my ears!
    Glad you took a second read DD. This is really about the folks that come here specifically to send traffic to their YouTube channel, but it does apply to anyone who simply promoting themselves, and never becomes a part of the chat community. You have given a lot to this community DD, so this is not aimed at you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Glad you took a second read DD. This is really about the folks that come here specifically to send traffic to their YouTube channel, but it does apply to anyone who simply promoting themselves, and never becomes a part of the chat community. You have given a lot to this community DD, so this is not aimed at you.
    thanks PB.... i understand this topic completely! i personally have removed my youtube and facebook membership a couple of months ago, and myspace isnt far behind. its just due to the simple fact that anymore, it seems like the popular thing to do on those sites is get people to your channel so you can argue with everyone, and say harsh things about pretty much anyone who breathes air. i personally try to stay away from sites like that. i still watch youtube videos, but a lot of the time i turn off the comments because i cant stand what some people say just to make others mad.

it seems like there are a lot of these advertisers lately, here and other places too. nowadays if its someone i dont know, i dont even bother clicking on the youtube links anymore.

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree get rid of them.

User Info Menu

i like this. What annoys me the most is the guys who only post their videos and don't interact in any other way with the forum.
    yes yes yes
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Now, when do we start enforcing this?

User Info Menu

Great idea. I think mine is in my sig, but I'll be pulling it. If I want someone to check something out for feedback, that's what the Shoutbox and threads are for.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

Larrysperf Guest

Great stuff. thats why I always ask people to check out videos in shout. Nuff said. But I do wish drummer would get that video posted lol

User Info Menu

He'd have to play behind a mask in a disguise. Can anyone say "Phantom of DrumChat"?
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle